Is rug doctor from asda the cheapest option for me ?

Posted 23rd Jun 2019
I have a 2 bed flat which needs carpet cleaning, there was a accident few months ago and slime needs removing from carpet as it's across the rooms...

Is this the cheapest option for me ?
asda.rugdoctor.co.uk/

I am considering vinegar too but carpet seems bit dirty overall too, so thinking about rug doctor...

would cost me £30 i think.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Are you cleaning carpets in rented accommodation? If the carpet is over 5 years old there may be no financial gain to cleaning it; although arguably a moral obligation, plus a living environment benefit if you have no immediate requirement to vacate.
Is the £30 just for the machine? You need to factor in the cleaning solution as well. Check out people advertising carpet cleaning on FB marketplace.
They do an ok job, google alternatives to the cleaning solution you can use some of the liquids used in washing machines works well and is much cheaper.
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Jun 2019
Try looking at your local tool hire places. Rug doctors are aimed at the domestic market - my local tool hire place rents commercial carpet cleaners for less.
Accident? Slime?
Yeah slime of course
I hired one from HSS once.. Very cheap and a beast of a creature. Ended up cleaning my neighbours carpets too because it did all mine in next to no time and I'd got it for the day.
AndyRoyd23/06/2019 20:29

Are you cleaning carpets in rented accommodation? If the carpet is over 5 …Are you cleaning carpets in rented accommodation? If the carpet is over 5 years old there may be no financial gain to cleaning it; although arguably a moral obligation, plus a living environment benefit if you have no immediate requirement to vacate.

Gait point if leaving a rented location. Could still be worth doing as it might stop a landlord digging too deeply for other problems. First impressions can help.
psychobitchfromhell24/06/2019 04:54

I hired one from HSS once.. Very cheap and a beast of a creature. Ended up …I hired one from HSS once.. Very cheap and a beast of a creature. Ended up cleaning my neighbours carpets too because it did all mine in next to no time and I'd got it for the day.

Wish I was your naighbour
Going rate is around £20 per room to have it done for you, lot less hassle checkatrade.com/?gc….ds
Misslovely24/06/2019 09:10

Wish I was your naighbour

I'd do your carpets for you if you were.
Norseg23/06/2019 22:18

Accident? Slime? Yeah slime of course

Terry's chocolate orange party
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants