Replacement for Zanussi Freezone 2005 fridge freezer

Posted 19th Aug 2023
Hi, I've got a Zanussi Freezone fridge freezer ca. 2005. I can't find a wattage rating on the device but it just occurred to me that the older tech is probably costing me extra to run and so it's time to replace. At the time it was a pretty basic model. Its size is 150cmX55cmX55cm - looking for similar. Cheers.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I doubt if you'd save money after the cost of replacement is taken into account. The easiest way to save money on your electric is to buy cheaper electric.
    2005 wasn't the Dark Ages - improvements in refrigeration tech will be marginal since then.

Google " how much electricity does a fridge freezer use" and you'll see a Table which suggests an F rated F/Freezer uses just 51kWh/year more than a C rated unit - less than £17 a year difference. Hence I wouldn't change it for economic reasons alone.
    Don't get anything made by wirlpool: Hotpoint, candy, indesit, as they are poorly made, cheap parts.. go for Samsung, lg or top end Bosch
    Could you find what is the energy consumption of the existing fridge? (edited)
    I doubt if you will get anything of those dimensions anymore (55x55) due to the regulations requiring more insulation. Our fridge freezer now sticks out 5cm due to this!
's avatar