Unlimited Everything Sim Only 30 Day Utility Warehouse (EE)

Posted 17th Sep 2020
UW appears to have revamped there sim plans and are now offering Unlimited Everything at £20 coverage appears to be on the EE network on a 30 day contract making the unlimited plan good vaule for money
uw.co.uk/ser…ile
Here is what there website says

Get your first Unlimited SIM for only £20, then up to three additional SIMs for just £10 each. What’s more, you’ll enjoy peace of mind with:

Which? Recommended Provider
Rolling 30-day contracts
Unlimited really means unlimited
Community Updates
This seems like a good deal for people who require more than one sim (families etc).

Unlimited minutes, texts and data for £20 per month for the first sim and then up to three additional sims at £10 each hence if you took out all four it would average £12.50 per month.

3549925.jpg

It looks like it is on EE and is through Utility Warehouse. Not sure if you need to have any other services with them or not.

Would welcome anyone's thoughts or experience of this.
New Comment

211 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    this1isfine18/09/2020 13:55

Wasn't there something some months ago where network providers couldn't …Wasn't there something some months ago where network providers couldn't restrict which devices a sim card is used in? I may be correctly/incorrectly recalling seeing comments in mobile contract threads on hukd.

Tethering restrictions are no longer allowed.
    It would be interesting to see if they enforce their rule.
    I went through and after all the crap about bundles you can build your own bundle and just pick mobile
    deleted245639508/12/2020 13:24

HUKD won’t allow it as a deal so it bypasses most people in ‘discussion’ ??

I don't understand why. It's a legit deal with UW piggy backing EE 4g. I rang their customer service to make sure everything is good as it sounds. The £25 charge is a 12 month deposit IF you want to bypass a credit check. No other hidden costs. It's good to know and others have signed up. Please keep this thread discussion going. (edited)
    louise.bennettQm805/02/2021 10:10

Welp - got an email from UW today warning me that my service would be cut …Welp - got an email from UW today warning me that my service would be cut off in 14 days if I didn't stop tethering. I've responded citing Ofcom; we shall see what happens.

Read up^Louise
    deleted258260212/02/2021 16:38

just update i called to cancel gave them 30days first 2 months they …just update i called to cancel gave them 30days first 2 months they charged me £34.85 now they want £23.23 they told me it would be £20 good thing i cancelled DD Stay away from these cowboys BEEN WARNED!!![Image]

deleted258260212/02/2021 16:38

just update i called to cancel gave them 30days first 2 months they …just update i called to cancel gave them 30days first 2 months they charged me £34.85 now they want £23.23 they told me it would be £20 good thing i cancelled DD Stay away from these cowboys BEEN WARNED!!![Image]

No need to give 30 days notice now, PAC or STAC ends the contract AND billing ofcom.org.uk/abo…ork

Raise a UWcomplaint about over billing
    ofcom.org.uk/com…ct=
    deleted258260210/03/2021 11:10

just update my mum join UW 2 sims £10 and within 14days she left but i …just update my mum join UW 2 sims £10 and within 14days she left but i cancel my DD( my account they took money from her account because they said they are in the right take money from another person account if they cant get money and i took my pac over to another network they want me to pay £26.00 = £20 6£ for late payment because i didn't pay it in time this company is a nightmare uw said they are in the right to take money from someone account without permission he said its in their terms and conditions and they have been overcharging from the start 1st bill £34.34 2nd bill 23.23 3rd £26.00i hope to god this company gets shut down

Direct Debit guarantee - let the bank do the talking directdebit.co.uk/Dir…spx

Raise a complaint, Mobile services must follow Ofcom code of sales & complaint practice ofcom.org.uk/__d…pdf

ofcom.org.uk/__d…pdf

UW complaints
    uw.co.uk/hel…ode
    Author
    Mark_Hickman17/09/2020 17:17

Unlimited EE network for £20 hard to believe !Is the speed limited ? …Unlimited EE network for £20 hard to believe !Is the speed limited ? virgin mobile was limited to 70mbps when i was with them which was more than enough for me on ee network, however i couldn't use 4g whilst on a call otherwise id still be with them now.If this has similar speeds and 4g whilst calling ill sign up

I was thinking the same thing there has to be some kind of catch to this I personally haven't found any in there T&Cs I am tempted to take the gamble on this as I prefer EE and report what happens as I haven't seen any details for this anywhere else online and came across this completely by chance
    StewartHardie17/09/2020 20:25

I was thinking the same thing there has to be some kind of catch to this I …I was thinking the same thing there has to be some kind of catch to this I personally haven't found any in there T&Cs I am tempted to take the gamble on this as I prefer EE and report what happens as I haven't seen any details for this anywhere else online and came across this completely by chance

I would try it too but i recently took out a voda 5g sim only and cancelled as it was rubbish compared to ee, dont want to do that again so soon.
    zxcvbnm18/09/2020 09:39

"You must only use our mobile SIM in a personal mobile device. It is not …"You must only use our mobile SIM in a personal mobile device. It is not intended for use in any other type of device, including 4G/5G routers, and is not intended to replace a fixed broadband service."Bit of a shame.

Wasn't there something some months ago where network providers couldn't restrict which devices a sim card is used in? I may be correctly/incorrectly recalling seeing comments in mobile contract threads on hukd.
    You cant sign up for just Mobile or am I missing something here? Keeps suggesting a bundle with landline etc.. Can't be ar*ed to fight with the quote system, forget it.
    This as come at a fantastic time three just kicked me off my unlimited data plan.
    Author
    Mark_Hickman17/09/2020 21:29

Id be very interested to hear the results if you do, my contract is up …Id be very interested to hear the results if you do, my contract is up next month so need a sim only

I have found the relevant information from twitter of all places
    mobilenewscwp.co.uk/Ope…ars

BT has extended its MVNO agreement with utilities service provider UW for five more years.

The partnership enables UW’s 300,000-strong mobile base to access EE’s 4G and 5G network, as well as benefit from its VoLTE and VoWiFi functionalities.

Telecoms Plus-owned UW, which relies on customer word-of-mouth in favour of advertising, has partnered with BT for more than 20 years. It is currently a Which? Recommended Provider for broadband and mobile.

“This extension will enable us to further improve our Which? award-winning mobile service, by giving our customers access, from next spring, to 5G, VoLTE and VoWiFi,” said UW CEO Andrew Lindsay.

So unfortunately VoLTE and VoWifi ain't available till Spring but otherwise a good deal overall
    Author
    8ndy10/11/2020 16:52

Did anyone get this sim and can tell us if it’s any good or not?

Sim card arrived today my first impression of it is quite good had to sign into my utility website for the sim card to be activated instructions on package then waited 4 hours and rebooted the phone

The Unlimited Data is working as expected so far I have went through 50GB of data with no issues faster then my faulty 67mb Sky Broadband speed seems to be fine similar to other EE providers that I have tested only let down is indeed the fact no VOLTE or VOWifi till Spring but yet again £20 for EE data compared to 3 it's night and day and definitely worth it on a 30 day contract will update with further thoughts once I have burned through some more data and put my Mifi Box to the test as will be using it for travel internet when allowed
    Author
    Update still going strong given it proper decent amount of testing and still no problems with a phone or MIFI box didn't realise how much I missed EE this makes Sky (O2) and 3 speed and signal look terrible (edited)
    Author
    Update just received a message from someone on Reddit who has used it for 2 months flat in a router saying they got a phone call this morning saying they have noticed they are using it in a router and it is not allowed I'm sure Utility are in Breach of 2018 Regulations saying we can use our SIM in any device we wish
    Author
    deleted258260207/12/2020 18:42

just hope UW will get punished like three and Vodafone many other networks …just hope UW will get punished like three and Vodafone many other networks

43036733-9uhJN.jpg

Can't wait to see this backfire on UW like

Will update if this happens to the sim card I have
    there is no charge i have received my sim today all good
    deleted258260211/12/2020 12:41

I just tried in another phone only getting 4g and Sony Xperia L4 getting …I just tried in another phone only getting 4g and Sony Xperia L4 getting 4g + must be the phone 🥴 unless there is a way remove 4g + from the phone

You don’t want to remove 4G+ that removes possible speed boots, VoLTE band 20/800MHz is good indoors & landmass coverage, outside in built up areas switch VoLTE off as higher MHz numbers means higher speeds.

Not all phones have 4G+ (Carrier Aggregation of available 4G frequency bands)

4G - LongTermEvolution

4G+ LTE-A(dvanced)

The LTE-A hardware (mobile/modem) can support numerous concurrent broadcasting frequency bands, if the area allows such on a networks base station transmitters frequencies & the hardware has matching firmware which allow the telcos bands to be accessed.
    Apple lead in this field, it has less variants whereas Android experience on signal & speed can differ based on more variants/manufacturers.

If you regularly jump networks based on sim only 30 days price or If you are a tightass who wants a expensive mobile to last 3/4 years you want a iPhone for best mobile experience, Android just doesn’t deliver consistency between networks with so many manufacturers and hardware variants. Apple will work on best case scenario most places worldwide by defaulting using a wide range of band access in its ‘radio’ firmware whereas Android & further it’s manufacturers using the lock things down, then add in the telco, it’s a very restrictive model when it comes to best mobile experience Android.

Android OS based hardware is about collecting data to sell not end user (fluid) experience.

Homework:
    consumer.huawei.com/en/…08/

3gpp.org/tec…ned

(edited)
    deleted258260205/02/2021 12:14

just update they have told me to stop tethering and only using phone as i …just update they have told me to stop tethering and only using phone as i don't have wifi i have used 650GB i told them to stick it and not getting another penny from me

Raise a Ofcom complaint, data use cannot be told ‘not to tether’ due to Net Neutrality, or a non existent UW Data FUP enforced.

EE staff deal with UW customer care, it’s a white label UW sticker MVNO what they at EE care are trying to enforce is EE data FUP not their MVNO UW policy, further what they are trying to enforce with ‘no tethering’ is against Ofcom Net Neutrality & further is a breach against Ofcom General Conditions of all telecom providers.

Tree & Voda tried such and ended up in investigation by Ofcom, slapped wrist and do not repeat these behaviours.
    ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

Unfortunately consumers have to hold Ofcom to account to hold telecom providers to account to Ofcom’s own terms, rulings and regulations.
    43786399-jTuol.jpgofcom.org.uk/com…ces
    louise.bennettQm805/02/2021 15:49

Thanks, @CockOfTheNorth ! I've made a complaint - we'll see what happens.

Good lass!

Citizens have to hold their public funded bodies to account indirectly & directly. That’s equality, enforced by citizen, you have to root out the root at public funded level to root it out of commercial level because public funded bodies and regulators like Ofcom are reactive not proactive

look forward to updates
    Well, indeed!

I will certainly report back!
    deleted258260207/02/2021 11:19

I gave up on them , first 2 months I used no wifi and its done on a phone …I gave up on them , first 2 months I used no wifi and its done on a phone tethering 650gb 1 month then 750gb 2nd month but then they chargeed me £34 and then they still took money and they said i have 14days to stop so in the end i canceled my DD

Submissive much? You were in the right & overrpaid to be bullied off the UWnetwork!

Raise the Ofcom complaint not only for yourself, but for every mobile account holder consumer. Ofcom as a (reactive) public funded regulatory body doesn’t make rules & regulations for flouting. (edited)
    Author
    deleted245639512/02/2021 20:51

No need to give 30 days notice now, PAC or STAC ends the contract AND …No need to give 30 days notice now, PAC or STAC ends the contract AND billing https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/text-to-switch-simple-to-switch-mobile-network Raise a UWcomplaint about over billing https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/billing-and-charges?subject=

Supprised to see billing issues I was charged £32 for my first month and a half then got charged £20 each month since as they always take payment at the end/start of a new month
    Author
    deleted258260212/02/2021 21:05

Comment deleted

Should be £16.67 + £3.33 VAT according to the bill I have for January and February
    deleted245639512/02/2021 20:55

Was going to say that in my message above but saw you responded to it so …Was going to say that in my message above but saw you responded to it so replying to you & @deleted2582602 here in a separate post. I wonder if the overcharges are MMS related sending emojis or are UW just crooks like their MNO provider BT Group... Boab what’s the breakdown of your bill saying about the extra charges ?

BOBMARLEY061945
    2 m ago
    £19.38 fixed monthly charges plus they are charging VAT £3.87 = £23.23 they are overcharging
    deleted258260210/03/2021 11:19

don't bother they will make your life hell they overcharge and lie

lol, thanx for the heads-up (edited)
    barge
    pole
    Unlimited EE network for £20 hard to believe !
    Is the speed limited ? virgin mobile was limited to 70mbps when i was with them which was more than enough for me on ee network, however i couldn't use 4g whilst on a call otherwise id still be with them now.
    If this has similar speeds and 4g whilst calling ill sign up
    Author
    Mark_Hickman17/09/2020 21:20

I would try it too but i recently took out a voda 5g sim only and …I would try it too but i recently took out a voda 5g sim only and cancelled as it was rubbish compared to ee, dont want to do that again so soon.

Respectable I'm stuck with Sky Mobile (O2) on 12GB for £6 till March and signal in my local area is patchy at best along with 3 on Unlimited for £5 which is free till around June 2021 but again isn't great in most places so will probably take a shot at this and will update this thread once I have done so
    If you know someone with virgin you can get unlimited data for £23/£20 on a 12/24month contract.
    "You must only use our mobile SIM in a personal mobile device. It is not intended for use in any other type of device, including 4G/5G routers, and is not intended to replace a fixed broadband service."

Bit of a shame.
    Blueskinnedbeast18/09/2020 14:03

Tethering restrictions are no longer allowed.It would be interesting to …Tethering restrictions are no longer allowed.It would be interesting to see if they enforce their rule.

Someone could:

1) Place the sim in another mobile to act as a home router.
    2) Use their main phone to act as a router when home

Surely how much data is used, is open for debate? Regarding their comment about the sim must not be used to replace a broadband service. Some people use loads of data on their mobile and home broadband. Others more in one than than the other....etc.

Perhaps there is a 1TB usage clause or something similar in the T&Cs.Even though it is advertised as Unlimited data. I haven't looked.

Maybe the future is an all in one package. Where the home broadband and mobiles are one contract with the same unlimited everything usage shared across all devices connected to a household. The sim in the home router is tied to the same account and contract of the mobile(s) sims in a household. Instead of broadband data usage being separate and/or sim card data usage being separate at present.
    Terms state
    Iza_Mm25/09/2020 11:03

Comment deleted

no tethering is that correct?
    Is it a 30 day contract? Doesn’t say clearly anywher ...
    Iza_Mm25/09/2020 11:03

Comment deleted

The cashback card needs two service subscription & costs £2 a month.

This comment from company rep is misleading
    quake.ee25/09/2020 13:18

14gb cap when traveling in EU. Not good.

Better than nothing.
    Author
    Blueskinnedbeast25/09/2020 13:54

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/unlimited-everything-sim-only-30-day-utility-wearhouse-ee-3545184Posted but moved to discussions

I originally posted this as a deal but it got moved to discussion due to it not being a popular mobile network and cant seem to find any reviews seems like a okay deal to me like
's avatar