Which used/refurb phone seller is the best/most reliable?

Posted 26th Jul 2023
I want to buy an iPhone 12 with hopefully 90% battery or higher. There's so many sellers so it's a bit of a minefield. Not fussed about the cheapest, just want the best condition and battery.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've used 4gadget (2 phones) and Loop_Mobile on ebay (4 phones) all have been as described and I don't know of any issues anybody I gave them too had with the phones.

Main thing you really want to be asking though is if people did have issues how did the companies respond, as I think that's the main point where issues will be with any of the retailer's as there's so many, it makes no sense for them to grade them wrongly that often as that's where they'll incur a lot of additional costs on sorting them out.
    cheapest_electrical on eBay for me.

Bought 4 iPhones from them, the last being my current handset (iPhone 12 64Gb). I'd previously bought grade B phones from them and all were pristine with original boxes and accessories. All had 100% battery health and between 7 - 11 months Apple warranty left (company gives 12 month guarantee too).
    2 weeks ago I bought a grade C iPhone 12. Has 100% battery health and was registered with Apple on 1 June so still got loads of warranty left.
    In terms of condition, there was a small 5mm scratch on the back of the phone, nothing else. Supplied in original box and USB C charger. £297 with 10% off coupon. (edited)
    I can second this. Bought from them multiple times and they’ve always been way above expectations with what shows up. I ordered a B+ grade device and after studying it right up against my face for a few minutes still couldn’t find a single mark or scratch anywhere. And ordered a grade A another time and received brand new with a sealed box just with cosmetic damage to the outside of said box where they had tried to remove Tesco Mobile stickers.
    Giffgaff were good and do free returns if you aren't happy, have a look at their recent deals 😁
    Not necessarily best or most reliable but CEX offers 2 year warranty on stuff it shifts with non-removable battery, including the non-removable battery.
    Its grading tends also to be consistent.

Part of your pre-purchase due diligence may include asking CEX what level of battery (non)health would qualify for a battery warranty claim within the 2 year wty period.
    4Gadgets
    Had good experiences from Cheapest_electrical ebay and giffgaff and easy to return if not happy
's avatar