Advice Needed….Caravan Holiday

Posted 30th Apr 2023
Hi All,
I have found a caravan I would like to book, the owner has passed on their bank account details as need to pay £100 to secure and pay balance 4 weeks before I go, usually I book through booking.com but found this one through caravans 4 hire, what would be the best option to pay the £100 where I still have added protection incase anything goes wrong, any advice appreciated? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    JHD007
    Have you asked the owner what there payment options are and if the deposit is refundable in the event that you can’t go ?

PayPal may be an option or pay with a credit card, the owner should send you an invoice with there terms and conditions ?

I assume you book through this website ??

ukcaravans4hire.com/

Trust pilot reviews are pretty good so you shouldn’t have an issue providing you are booking through the website.

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com (edited)
    Mich8ll8 Author
    Owner has sent their account and sort code for the deposit and stated the terms/conditions, I found the caravan on that site but it then just directs you to the owner and then payment is between us, was looking for information about PayPal and from what I can see, your not protected for property etc, just online purchases so was maybe thinking best option would be to pay deposit on my credit card for protection.
    samspud
    If you send any money to an individual via "Faster Payment" you risk never seeing the money or the service.

I wouldnt personally
    Mich8ll8 Author
    Yeah, I’m definitely not doing a faster payment, just want to pay it with some added protection which I think will need to be on my credit card.
    AMaky
    I book privately, I tend to be in Facebook groups for a particular site.
    To verify the owner, you can always phone the park and ask them. and do a bit of research, often caravan will be advertised elsewhere too.
    Mich8ll8 Author
    Yeah, tried doing a bit of research, I don’t think it is a scam as seems to be on a reputable site and had a few conversations with the owner, just a bit weary as I usually use booking.com and never had a problem but need to deal with this privately and just wanted to know best way to pay and still have added protection myself which looks like credit card might be the best option.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants