Amazon Warehouse to be renamed Amazon SecondHand?

Posted 17th May 2023
Received an email from amazon france that their warehouse is to be renamed amazon SecondHand. The reasoning behind it alludes to folk buying things and surprised it's not new lol. Wonder if it'll change here - as long as the logistics behind it remain status quo and various goodies crop up now and again then I'm not upset.

Google translate from the email:
'Until now, we've been offering great deals on used goods through Amazon Warehouse, also known as Warehouse Deals. We noticed that our brand name was not very clear. We listen to our customers and want to give them the best possible experience when shopping on our store. We are therefore happy to announce that from now on, Amazon Warehouse will change its name to Amazon Secondhand.

Nothing changes for our customers! Amazon Secondhand will continue to offer great deals on pre-owned and secondhand items. Customers will continue to benefit from the same return procedure, the same legal guarantee, the same Prime advantages and the same customer service.'
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    AndyRoyd
    Reads like a spoof email from a disgruntled customer.
    newbie68
    An example of changing something for a few, despite the masses understanding it perfectly before.
    louiselouise
    Are you sure? Nearly every time I make an Amazon Warehouse Deal post, there are comments from those who don't seem to understand how it works at all.
    001Cisco
    I would have though items from amazon wearhouse were those newly new product that customer return within 14 days.
    I didn't notice they are second hand...
    cheaperbythe12 Author
    It's a mix. Most of what I buy are mint/returns and some sealed still, others clearly used, some repackaged. Amazon will mention condition to give an idea but that in itself is bit of a lottery.... The number of 'acceptable' condition mentioning cracks/holes/dents to items I've bought over the years inc coffee machines, monitors and camera lenses turn up absolutely brand new is bonkers with massive savings. It's a lottery tho.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants