YouTube premium workaround

Posted 30th May 2023
Hey, has anyone successfully figured out how to resub to premium. I’ve had an Indian sub for years and the card expired and it’s refusing any which way. So I’ve tried turkey and Argentina VPN methods and I can get all the way through but it declines the payment.

Using:
local (international) billing address,
Windscribe pro sub
Revolut virtual Mastercard
Monzo

Can’t figure this one out and the ads are seriously doing my head in haha

Tia.
Community Updates
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jamkhan
    If anyone can get this to work, can you share the method please? My premium expires tonight
    djstrobe4real Author
    My advice, dont let it expire. While it was working it was fine. Once it lapsed I cannot get it back no matter what I’ve tried!
    west72
    My premium expired a few weeks ago, i had paid for 1 year from india. But when i came to renew it using the same details as before (Starling account) it said that Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR-REH-05]. I tried allsorts of other countries and options and nothing worked. Then reading this thread i saw someone say try Ukraine and it worked.
    Set my VPN (Surfshark) to Ukraine. Went to youtube and subscriptions and memberships, choose Individual membership: UAH 99.00/mo and it worked. Charged £2.19 for the month.
    The2Time
    Glad to hear Ukraine worked.
    A_Rom
    I had the same problem with my Indian payment. Remove all of your payment profiles except the UK, then start again after a day. That's what I did last month and my new Turkey sub works fine.
    r4do
    How did you remove the payment profiles ? I can only select one but can't remove these. Cheers.
    Moose2000
    Had exactly the same issue as OP, can confirm Ukraine worked.
    Aqib_Aamir
    Guys, the issue is related to the card, the card you need to have has to be from the same country, what I done was create an account with fups(a Turkish bank) and bought a virtual card from an online seller. The reason I did this was because on the app it asks to provide proof of residence, which I could not do because I was not in Turkey, I brought the card topped it up with crytpo through binance, the entered the card details on yt premium and it worked. The process for getting a fups card is difficult, here a video.
    djstrobe4real Author
    Thanks! Although I’ve tried those threads, I did try a search but due to the ever changing landscape I thought I would ask for fresh insight just in case somethings changed even within 48 hours.
    Thetrout
    I'd try a different VPN, I couldn't get a Turkish Xbox games redeemed a couple of months ago, no matter what I tried it kept saying I was in the wrong region (The UK) eventually just thought I'd try a different VPN from Windscribe Pro (Set to Istanbul) and it worked fine. Can't remember the specific VPN I used but I'd give a couple of different ones a try just to see
    djstrobe4real Author
    I’ve tried with Windscribe and private internet access. No dice sadly.

Guessing the jigs up and they’ve cottoned on
    MonkeyMan90
    Use turkey
    djstrobe4real Author
    Get the same issue with turkey that’s why I tried Argentina
    Corkscrew
    Try the same steps but via a PC and vpn.
    I find that using a vpn on my phone doesn't always work
    djstrobe4real Author
    Good shout - just attempted Argentina and India and getting the same error. I can usually get these working with ease so I’m clearly doing something wrong. Appreciate the help!
    CrimsonSilver
    Are you using a Mastercard rather than visa? I had an issue earlier in the year and had no problem switching from my Revolut visa to Mastercard? Argentina is what I’m using as below
    50276106-0zHar.jpg
    djstrobe4real Author
    Yes I’ve tried both visa and Mastercard. To be honest Mastercard is my default for most things now anyway.
    djstrobe4real Author
    We’ll I think I give up, thanks for all those that tried to help.

I’ve just created a new Turkish google account, Google recognised it was turkey; whatismyip confirmed VPN was working. Created the payment profile with fake turkey details and still get the same error as before… no idea what’s happening. I’ll wait for someone cleverer than me to figure out how to do it
    thesimpsons_uk
    How did you create a Turkish gmail account it is asking me to provide a telephone number for verification.
    Jeeseymoose
    I'm having same problem using VPN Unlimted, used to work fine, now says I'm not in the country
    djstrobe4real Author
    Glad it’s not just me
    The2Time
    Try Ukraine as location, seen a few people on Reddit say it worked as the location. Can't confirm myself.
    Walgeon
    Did you fix this? I am having issues. Tried multiple VPNs and ControlD set to India. I get to the payment part and then it uses some payment services check and then I cant get past the part where you input the security code.
    PopularFruitReferee
    Same here, totally stuck.
    KamalinO
    Any news on this? My sub on Turkey expired and can't make a new payment , gives the error:
    "This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR-REH-05]"
    I understand Ukraine works but it doesn't have an annual plan as it seems.
    scotia2
    I can't even get Ukraine to show me prices. YT says it's not available in "my" country when on a VPN to Kyiv
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants