Buy now or wait - PS5 (with trade in)

Posted 11th Mar 2023
Hi All,

I've been waiting for the PS5 to go on a decent deal for a while now. We have two ps4's, which we occasionally use both at once.

Game currently have a trade in offer, trade in the ps4 and get the ps5+God of war bundle for £399.99.

I just wanted some thoughts on whether this was actually a good deal (looking at the price of God of war atm, BTs offer on the disc version and current trade in price of a ps4). Or if I should hold.

In no desperate rush for one, always like to strike the best deal though.

Thanks for any advice.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MonkeyMan90
    If you think £100 for your ps4 is a good deal then go for it.
    jamie15
    This will go cheaper the longer you wait.
    yeababyyea
    Would I get more separate on the deal as I have the ps4 pro spiderman edition 1tb

49754853-XPaRo.jpg
    C0mm0d0re_K1d
    If your not in rush Wait. Unless your desperate to play a ps5 exclusive.

There is a rumour Sony might be revising the ps5 models. There are still supply issues with chips and backlogs in production. Sony have already revised the ps5 internal cooling parts and the pcb design and components to reduce the problem slightly.
    Corkscrew
    Tbh, anyone wanting a PS5 can get one. So you should let go of your ps4, since the supply of ps5 will rise
    KIRK_LAZARUS
    At this point might aswell wait for the slim edition
    sohailh1984
    The new slim is set to be disc-less isn't it? With the option of buying a disc-drive separately? Or they still doing both?
    m.ad
    Unless there is a game you really, REALLY want to play on PS5, I would say wait. They are easy to get hold of know and have already got a price jump last summer - save for the mid-gen refresh or next exclusive (likely Spider-Man 2?)
    Adam_Pothitos
    Has anyone actually tried this and what condition was your console in?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants