Clubcard Rewards down to 2x from 3x after 14th June

Posted 17th Mar 2023
Update 1
Tesco Clubcard now have an extra two days spend on 'Reward Partners' at the triple pouint amount as the deadline until 11.59pm on Thursday 15 June
Here's how our Clubcard Reward Partner scheme is changing
From 14 June**, when you exchange your Clubcard vouchers for a Reward Partner code, they’ll be worth up to 2x as much, not up to 3x the value, as they are now.

To give you extra time to decide when to use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers with Reward Partners, we’re extending the validity period on Tesco Clubcard Reward Partner codes ordered from 17 March until 13 June so that they’re valid for 12 months, rather than the usual 6 months.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

48 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Real shame, Clubcard has worked well for me over years. One less reason to use Tesco
    Tesco Clubcard users now have an extra two days to triple the value of points to spend on 'Reward Partners' as the supermarket has extended the deadline until 11.59pm on Thursday 15 June. It comes after shoppers experienced IT issues when trying to swap vouchers ahead of the previous deadline.
    As one of our loyal Clubcard members, we wanted to let you know that we are making a change to how you use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers with our Tesco Clubcard Reward Partners. And to reassure you that you’ll still be able to use your Tesco Clubcard to unlock great value.

We’re doing this to make sure we can continue to provide you with a wide range of exciting rewards, whilst keeping our product prices low.

Millions of people tap their Tesco Clubcard every time they shop, benefiting from access to over 8,000 weekly deals on Clubcard Prices, which we’ve now rolled out across our stores – so from food to clothing, Tesco Mobile to Tesco Bank, you can now find even more great deals. And with potential savings of up to £351* a year, more people than ever before are making the most of the value that Tesco Clubcard offers.

Here's how our Clubcard Reward Partner scheme is changing
    From 14 June**, when you exchange your Clubcard vouchers for a Reward Partner code, they’ll be worth up to 2x as much, not up to 3x the value, as they are now.

Tesco Clubcard continues to have the biggest and most generous Reward Partner scheme with access to over 100 Reward Partners at 2x your Clubcard voucher value. So you can still make great savings on everything from family fun, dining out, cinema trips and more.

To give you extra time to decide when to use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers with Reward Partners, we’re extending the validity period on Tesco Clubcard Reward Partner codes ordered from 17 March until 13 June so that they’re valid for 12 months†, rather than the usual 6 months. So don’t worry, there’s plenty of time to use them at their current value before we make the change.

If you have any questions about this or anything else please visit our FAQ Page.

Love this bit 😳

'We’re doing this to make sure we can continue to provide you with a wide range of exciting rewards, whilst keeping our product prices low.'

Jokers!
    4x to 3x to 2x.

We’re really in the worst timeline.
    X3? That was great

X2? That's a big mistake by Tesco. A bit like what Netflix is doing. Don't they realise that it'll affect sales?

I've got about £15 worth of points that'll I'll use up before the deadline and then any loyalty to Tesco will be history!!
    It's already a poor rewards scheme. Spend £1000 to get a £10 voucher that's hardly a great incentive to shop there.
    Author
    I think that's unfair. It's 1% which is better than all the rest. Also I'm sure the reward partners have increased their prices making in impossible for tesco to offer 3x (edited)
    Cashed all ours in for Hungry Horse food vouchers
    Hi Angle, I did the same with a few of ours but be my advice is to only use one voucher per bill as ive lost a few due to them being inputted but not accepted and now showing used.
    A couple of family member also had the same issue too.
    Just renewed RAC breakdown cover (currently half price sale too)
    Cashed in all my vouchers for Pizza Express.

Will soon be ditching my Tesco credit card that used to give 8x points instore but for a few years now it's 0.5x

In its time we went to EuroDisney, a number of Eurotunnel trips, multiple meals out and more with Clubcard. Pretty much meh these days.
    Author
    Might be best to use up before june, so any recommendations for best value welcome.

Though they may still do offers for example 6 months disney+ for £8 was 6x, much better than 3x it is atm.
    Me thinks it's prob time wrap it up once n for all.
    I've been a loyal clubcard points saver for many years (shopping with them and using their credit card). Long gone are the days of 1000 extra points per shop and 4 x their value with no restrictions meaning I could pay for a family Virgin holiday to Florida every 2 years. More recently I've struggled to find anything to spend them on apart from Disney +

When I received notification that they were reducing their value I decided to exchanged them all for Goldsmiths vouchers. Have to be spent instore and obviously nothing that's already reduced but not much in store is on offer so I'm looking forward to treating myself and my daughter to a nice piece of jewellery each
    cant see an alternative
    Always use them for ferry crossings
    Day trip to the zoo?
    I have just renewed my railcard with my vouchers
    So my Disney plus is due to run out in September, can I convert the vouchers now and stack for another 12 months or so?
    I used some of mine to get a cineworld unlimited membership for a year. There were lots of referral codes as well so got 13 months for about £70 worth of vouchers. And as I'm disabled I can take someone in free so worked out great value!
    Some of the food places looked good so might triple up what we have left for a nice meal out. It depends what you personally enjoy though. Have a look through and see if there's anything you do or places you go to.
    I doubt they'll bring 3x back if I'm honest going by previous removals or reductions so may as well make the most of any points built up!
    Hi is it just Cineworld that lets a person in for free if you're disabled?
    I am disabled and get full high pip and my husband is my carer.
    I want to use mine to get aph airport parking but have yet to book a holiday and there aren't any details about how long you have to use any aph voucher :/
    Reward Partner codes are valid for 6 months, unless otherwise stated. An expiry date is shown on each code.
    Using mine for a meal out when we go away in November
    I've bought Hotels.com vouchers @ x3value valid for 12 months as its something we'll use . Not perfect - only available from a specific list of hotels, no points and are non-refundable even with free cancellation hotels. Only one voucher per booking, doesn't cover tax and no refund if the booking is less than the value of the voucher. We decided £60 was about the right amount. Tesco card lost it's shine for us particulrly as we now shop mostly in Lidl. Lament the loss of x3value rail tickets
    this is what i want to do
    can you do x 3 or 4 say £50 hotels .com vouchers to use over the next 12 months ???
    don't know if there a limit to how much you can use with hotels .com ??

Hose sons is another good use of vouchers imo ...dont want to lose out waste vouchers !!???

this is what i want to do
    can you do x 3 or 4 say £50 hotels .com vouchers to use over the next 12 months ???
    don't know if there a limit to how much you can use with hotels .com ??

Hose sons is another good use of vouchers imo ...dont want to lose out waste vouchers !!??? (edited)
    We just convert ours to restaurant vouchers. Eating out is too expensive otherwise
    what's best options to maximize x 3
    Hotels .com ??? holidays ???
    I will exchange as many vouchers as I can for Hotels.com as you are not as restricted in choice if you select a Hotel chain voucher such as Mercure or Novotel.

I think the days of people able to go to Florida with the family for free are over as it is not many bonus points these days. However if you have large amount of vouchers to convert then do so as it will be more difficult to accumulate the necessary value of Clubcard vouchers in future.
    I was already aware of the new way points were to be earned when buying fuel, but didn't realise that you had to earn twice as many points for say, a £2.00 voucher, as each point is only to be worth 0.5p instead of 1p as it is currently worth now.

This is what they are saying

Tesco ClubCard changes starting Wednesday 14thJune.

In addition to their Clubcard points only being worth 2x when used with their 'Reward Partners' the value of points collected on Tesco ClubCard will also change.

The current rate of one point per £1 spent in-store or online will remain the same, but the value of each point will change from 1p to 0.5p. This means that shoppers will need to collect twice as many points to get the same amount of savings on their shopping.

Also, the method of earning ClubCard points on fuel purchases will change. Instead of getting one point per £2, you will receive one point for every two litres of fuel bought.
    I can't see any mention of points being devalued to 0.5p per point anywhere, where have you seen this?
    anyone put vouchers towards short cruise ?? tnx s
    I used to look forward to the in store Double up they used to do.
    I just convert mine automatically to Virgin miles.
    Personally spent about £5 tops this year in Tesco. Get a few points if my mother uses my card, but even she only spends a few £ every now and again.

Since they started the "Clubcard prices" thing, the points earning has gone down the drain.

Sainsbury is far better for me at present and I convert my points each week into Avios for BA.
    Converted £10 Tesco vouchers to £30 Colchester Zoo credit.
    good luck coverting any at the moment.!
's avatar