EE Roam Further/Roam Abroad Pass

Posted 14th Aug 2021
Hi,

I am going abroad for a while and came across the mentioned add on in the MyEE app. Is it really just as simple as purchasing it and using your plan as normal in the permitted countries?

Also, my original plan came with 16GB Data. Later on I did get the unlimited data pass. In this situation which of the two would be eligible to use abroad?

I would really appreciate sharing of any views and past experience with this.

Thanks

ee.co.uk/hel…ass
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I used their 'roam further' £10 a month add on option when in the USA and it worked pretty seemlessy. I set up just before I left the UK (I think I just texted them 'Roam further' to 150 or something like that. My UK allowances were then allowed to work when roaming in the US. Phone calls, texts and data just worked like normal, with the same restrictions (eg my data limit still applied as if in the UK). I could make and receive UK calls for free but calling a USA number was chargeable, just as if I was in the UK.
    When I got back I canceled the add on and it cost me £10 for full USA roaming which I thought was pretty decent value.

If in european countries they don't charge for roaming until Jan 2022

Regarding data:
    Good to know:
    If your plan comes with more than 50GB of data per month, a fair use policy of 50GB will apply when roaming abroad.
    (edited)
    Author
    spannerzone15/08/2021 11:11

I used their 'roam further' £10 a month add on option when in the USA and …I used their 'roam further' £10 a month add on option when in the USA and it worked pretty seemlessy. I set up just before I left the UK (I think I just texted them 'Roam further' to 150 or something like that. My UK allowances were then allowed to work when roaming in the US. Phone calls, texts and data just worked like normal, with the same restrictions (eg my data limit still applied as if in the UK). I could make and receive UK calls for free but calling a USA number was chargeable, just as if I was in the UK.When I got back I canceled the add on and it cost me £10 for full USA roaming which I thought was pretty decent value.If in european countries they don't charge for roaming until Jan 2022Regarding data: Good to know:If your plan comes with more than 50GB of data per month, a fair use policy of 50GB will apply when roaming abroad.

Great that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you very much for your help!
    This_Is_My_Username15/08/2021 17:09

Great that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you very much for your …Great that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you very much for your help!

No problem, the only slight issue I had was that in the US a lot of towns and cities are switching off 3G and replacing with 4G and 5G and my phone didn't cope too well, mostly giving 2G Edge data rates (slow) but I did get some 3G and 4G in Boston and surrounding areas. My phone was a Moto X Play (pretty out dated) - I now have a Pixel 4a which should cover more bands when I next go.
    Author
    bozo00714/08/2021 06:33

EE's website has the info

Yeah have seen that, was looking for peoples personal experience with the service (edited)
    Author
    spannerzone15/08/2021 17:25

No problem, the only slight issue I had was that in the US a lot of towns …No problem, the only slight issue I had was that in the US a lot of towns and cities are switching off 3G and replacing with 4G and 5G and my phone didn't cope too well, mostly giving 2G Edge data rates (slow) but I did get some 3G and 4G in Boston and surrounding areas. My phone was a Moto X Play (pretty out dated) - I now have a Pixel 4a which should cover more bands when I next go.

Ah right didn't think of that, will keep in mind when carrying a spare phone
's avatar