Grant-eligible EV charger for Solar and hot water integration

Posted 5th Jun 2023
Hi all,

Im expecting delivery of Tesla Model Y and wanting to set up a charger before car arrives.
I see some chargers are eligible for OZEV government grants. Any recommendations for an eligible charger that can also integrate to solar panels. I've heard some chargers can use energy directly from the solar panels and that this can even be used for hot water. Can anyone advice what charger can do that?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not aware of any charger that attracts grants anymore. Was all stopped last year.

Go to for solar excess is MyEnergi Zappi.

For hot water if you have an immersion heater (you will have a hot water tank) then you need a MyEnergi Eddi.

Lots of chargers work with excess solar now but Zappi is usually what most go for.
    Go for tethered too to make life much easier to save faffing getting cable out of car every time.
    Author
    Thanks!
    I got mine for technically free via a link from the dealership. the installer (British gas) didn't even care about paperwork for the car "we usually install them before the car arrives". I paid £89 for a tethered or I could have had none tethered for free.
    Author
    Aw Octopus is quoting 1200£ for installing the Zappi charger. Is there a way to get that your kind of deal from Tesla
    Just a thought: if you have only paid the £200 deposit on the Tesla Model Y then you could cancel and buy again at the new discounted price. The delay may only be a few days.
    Author
    Mmm. Which discounted rate do you mean pal
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants