Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Head shaver

Posted 17th Jul 2023
My brother is looking for a head shaver and he says that he had been using a corded one.

Can you recommend one that is good value for money and good quality? Also is it true that a corded shaver will be better than a battery operated one?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Kemei 1986.
    Cordless and powerful!
    It's very similar to the Wahl seniors which cost £150+. You can usually get it for around £30 on eBay or Amazon. Plenty of reviews on YouTube also by professional barbers.
    Highly recommended them.
    Author
    hey, thanks for the recommendation. i saw youtube reviews and the guy in it says it is very good for his shop. he also reviewed the kemei 1949 model, which he says is not great compared to the 1986 model, so i have bought the 1986 model from amazon for my brother. fortune would have it, amazon gave me a £5 credit for adding a back up credit card on check out, so i got it for £28, bargain

hopefully it will be fine as one or two reviews on amazon wasn't great but then the others gave it glowing reviews, so fingers crossed it will be a good machine
    [deleted]
    Author
    yeah, it would be terrible to be going round with a half shaved head good point.
    As a baldy who's been through loads, corded and uncorded, expensive and not, I've settled on this. Works perfectly and long battery life amazon.co.uk/Phi…LZR (edited)
    I use a Phillips, rechargeable and lasts a good amount of times .. I use the close shave, and then the foil shave to get it really short
    So what did you end up buying Ben for his head?

Any recommendations?
    Author
    i bought the kemei 1986 as said above. my brother loved it as it is gold in colour and he loves all that jazz. i used it on my dad first before i gave it to my brother, and it was very powerful and really good. best hair shaver i have come across as i had bought beard trimmer and hair trimmer before for my dad, but they don't compare to the kemei 1986.
's avatar