Help fitting pioneer SPH-DA160DAB to 2011 alpha romeo mito sprint

Posted 12th May 2023
Hi guys, my sons bought an apple car play touch screen stereo for his 2011 alpha romeo sprint, its a 2011 1.4 with the below stereo currently fitted.
4134582_1.jpgIts not a uconnect system i believe they switch to uconnect in 2014, however it is a blue&me system.
Im trying to find an iso harness adapter, we've found one that allows the use of steering controls but its £115 with a fascia plate which seems quite expensive for some wires.
Hes not fussed if steering controls work and would rather they didn't work if it saves a fair bit of money.
We've found the double din cage and facsia for £35 so just need an iso harness adapter that will work on his car without the optional steering controls, weve found a few from £8 to £50 but some have canbus some dont, some say they are for a car without ignition power supply in the factory harness some dont.
Could anyone advise what we actually need please ?
Hes not fitting any amps etc.. just swapping stereo.
TIA, Mark
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MadSkilzYo
    It may well already have standard iso plugs, but it won’t have an ignition feed to turn your aftermarket stereo on. The factory unit uses the canbus to do this, so you’ll either have to run a wire to the fuse box or buy the harness with canbus interface, which will provide an ignition feed.
    hubcms
    Can you not just either cut and crimp, or use jelly/wago connectors. Do you have a pic of the existing wires going to the stereo?
    Uridium
    You need to stump up for the harness or you will just have a world of pain.

It has a Canbus adapter included that communicates with the car ECU for screen dimming at night, reverse sensor, handbrake etc...

I bet he'd also soon miss steering wheel controls when he's lost them.

£115 for the harness adaptor with a facia adaptor isn't a bad price really. I've seen much worse.

Also if\when he comes to sell the car if it wants to remove the stereo it will be a lot easier to just unplug the harness than 'unbutcher' cut wiring (edited)
    Mark_Hickman Author
    We dont plan to cut any wires, we're looking for an iso adapter, we've since found out from an ebay seller that the £115 adapter is for 2014 onwards mito and his wiring is already iso, im guessing that means his car plug fits straight into the stereo we've bought, however his car does have canbus so im guessing this is going to cause some issues with dimming etc.. if we plug it straight in (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants