How do you package items for a pickup and return to Currys?

Posted 3rd Dec 2020
I bought a smart clock from Currys but the voice recognition on it is so bad I decided to send it back.

They have sent me a pickup time but I can't find any details on how it should be packaged.

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on this please?

EDIT:
For anyone having the same problem, to save you from searching this thread -

The driver just puts an address label on the box of whatever you are sending back. There is nothing else for you to do, so just relax.
Community Updates
dab-kid
Currys have an extensive returns policy whether you want to exchange or get a refund on faulty products. You have two options, either you can return items in-store or you can organise a pick-up.

• The time you have to return goods varies depending on the reason for the return, but generally, you have between 14-30 days to return your items.
  • It's worth knowing your customer rights too. If your item has a warranty, Curry's offer a care plan meaning if goods are faulty within 30 days of purchase you can get a repair, exchange or refund. And if the fault happens within 12 months you are entitled to a repair service. This is not available for faults caused by misuse or neglect, however.
  • Usually, if you have larger items such as washing machines or TVs, arranging a collection is the best option.
  • Returning items to Currys is simple. You just need to fill out a returns form online, then either arrange a pick-up time, a drop off location or just take the item into a Currys store. If you choose to arrange a collection, you will receive an email confirming the time when a delivery courier will come by to pick up your parcel.
  • So if it's a large item such as a fridge or TV you don't need to worry about getting it back to the store as a delivery driver will come with all the knowhow of how to transport it back to Curry's safely. This is also free so there will be no delivery charge.
  • You will then be refunded in 14 days with the same payment method you paid with, but if you paid with PayPal then you can only receive a voucher as a refund.
50708_1.jpg
How long is Currys return policy?

The amount of time which you have to decide whether you are going to keep the item, exchange, or return and get a refund vary depending on the item and the reason for the return. Generally, for returning unwanted items you have 14 to 21 calendar days.

How to package Currys returns?

To put it simply: make sure to use the original packaging.

If you are making a return as you no longer want the item/s, Currys orders should be returned in their original packaging and should be in the same condition in which you received them. The items should not have been used.

If you are returning an item because it is faulty you just need to return the product as usual, although many products usually come with a warranty period.

Finally, for products that arrived in a damaged condition or for incorrect products, you should make sure to contact Currys straight away to arrange a return or refund whilst ensuring to repackage the faulty products in the original packaging.

It is important to note that to make a return, you must have proof of purchase such as a receipt for in-store purchases or a bank statement or invoice.

The best way to repackage your Currys PC World return is just to place it back in the original box or packaging in which it arrived. You should ensure that all manuals, papers and accessories which came with the item are also inside. Then tape it up making sure that the item is secure and will not fall out or tumble around in the box. If you have arranged a DPD collection then they will put a label on the parcel for you when they pick it up. If you choose to drop your returns parcel off at a DPD Pickup Shop, then either you will have been sent a Currys return address label DPD to print off and stick on the parcel beforehand, or DPD will put a label on it for you.

50708_1.jpg
How long do Currys refunds take?

Currys' refund policy states that customers should get a full refund within up to 14 days although there may be disruption to this.
New Comment

Categories

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    gina.cox
    Thanks for above info which was helpful. I've been trying to get through to Currys to see if I needed to put a label on the box, but evidently I do not, Thank you.
    fablanta Author
    DPD just collected the clock.

It all went smoothly. The driver just put a small barcode label on the bag it was in and handed me a receipt.

In light of this I have no idea why the emails have the dire warning:

Please ensure this parcel is securely packaged and the delivery address is clearly visible.
    Naomi_Roe
    thanks for this i was also confused by the 'delivery address is clearly visible' on the email it confused me.
    Sully
    I had this same problem not too long ago, you would just package the item boxed. It doesn’t need any address on the box as the dpd(courier) will add his label to it. I contacted curry’s to confirm this.
    snoopy18
    fablanta03/12/2020 14:26

Thanks.It does not come in a plain cardboard outer it's in its picture …Thanks.It does not come in a plain cardboard outer it's in its picture box. Would they really attach a label to that, affecting its resale value?

I would wrap it in a box and a plastic shoppingbag to keep it clean and label can go on that (edited)
    FNL
    Came across this thread as I too was wondering what address to put on externally hard disk case package, bought the wrong one. This has been very helpful as I couldn't find a return address anyway so useful to know DPD driver will add own label. Not sure why they don't include this information in confirmation email. Could have saved me time searching. (edited)
    fablanta Author
    snoopy1803/12/2020 14:31

I would wrap it in a box and a plastic shoppingbag to keep it clean and …I would wrap it in a box and a plastic shoppingbag to keep it clean and label can go on that

I was thinking of a clear plastic bag.

PROBLEM SOLVED
    a666andy
    fablanta03/12/2020 14:26

Would they really attach a label to that, affecting its resale value?

A label on the box affecting the resale value of a used second hand and possibly faulty item? I doubt it.

Will prob go back to the supplier and become a refurb or parts and be re boxed.

Ordinarily I would suspect a return should be packaged how it came to you, or if any length of time and no original packaging then just as best as possible but in a way that it won't get damaged by the postal service.
    a666andy
    Maybe not faulty but still second hand used.... In relation to the affect on resale value I meant
    KARR
    fablanta04/12/2020 11:26

DPD just collected the clock.It all went smoothly. The driver just put a …DPD just collected the clock.It all went smoothly. The driver just put a small barcode label on the bag it was in and handed me a receipt.In light of this I have no idea why the emails have the dire warning:Please ensure this parcel is securely packaged and the delivery address is clearly visible.

Like everyone else - came to find out what to do in the case of address labels etc.

Ironically, in my case it's going back because my parcel was based to all hell, you can put your finger in the box from the outside and it's rattling in a strange way that the item it is... really shouldn't!!

It's going back in the SAME packaging that they sent it out in, a simple plain grey, tight plastic bag. To me, no its not as they say on their email "SECURELY PACKAGED!!!!!", but its what they sent, so it's what they're getting back. It wasn't exactly what i call 'Amazon packaging' where the item is in a box that is 3 times the size with a million air bags and paper packing all around it!
    KARR
    fablanta29/03/2021 09:29

They sent it to you in a box where it could play pinball then They sent it to you in a box where it could play pinball then Fortunately my item already had a good box. I just turned an old delivery bag inside out (so that the black was on the outside), put the box in, and stuck the label on the bag.

44265840-LLYM6.jpgAwfully framed photo there, but yep. Grey bad, most corners were torn and had holes, other side has bug hole you can feel inside
    fablanta Author
    MrAwesome2129/12/2021 11:15

[Image] This is how my ps5 from currys arrived….

It's lucky you got anything with the bag in that state. Was the console undamaged? (edited)
    pokemon2
    thanks
    fablanta Author
    Thanks.

It does not come in a plain cardboard outer it's in its picture box. Would they really attach a label to that, affecting its resale value?
    fablanta Author
    a666andy03/12/2020 16:09

A label on the box affecting the resale value of a used second hand and …A label on the box affecting the resale value of a used second hand and possibly faulty item? I doubt it.Will prob go back to the supplier and become a refurb or parts and be re boxed.Ordinarily I would suspect a return should be packaged how it came to you, or if any length of time and no original packaging then just as best as possible but in a way that it won't get damaged by the postal service.

If wasn't that it was exactly faulty, it just didn't work very well. I had to keep repeating instructions to get it to do what I asked. One time I had to ask it 15 times to turn off my Youview box, something that a Google Home Mini would usually have managed on the first or second attempt.
    fablanta Author
    KARR29/03/2021 08:46

Like everyone else - came to find out what to do in the case of address …Like everyone else - came to find out what to do in the case of address labels etc. Ironically, in my case it's going back because my parcel was based to all hell

They sent it to you in a box where it could play pinball then

Fortunately my item already had a good box. I just turned an old delivery bag inside out (so that the black was on the outside), put the box in, and stuck the label on the bag.
    ryan.dejong
    Hi all,

I’m in the process of making a return to Currys using their DPD pickup service,

I was just curious as too if it all went smoothly? And how long your refunds took to process.

thank
    fablanta Author
    ryan.dejong13/06/2021 21:06

I was just curious as too if it all went smoothly? And how long your …I was just curious as too if it all went smoothly? And how long your refunds took to process.thank

If I remember correctly, the refund wasn't instantaneous but it took less than a week.
    MrAwesome21
    46561606-4gAz8.jpg
    This is how my ps5 from currys arrived….
    Peter_Walker
    Can I return in an old Amazon box,its not exactly plain? The product wasnt delivered initially, I collected from store so its only got its manufacturer box.
    fablanta Author
    Should be fine. The pickup driver won't care.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants