Italian mens clothing sizing

Posted 27th Apr 2023
Hello, Im going crazy trying to figure out what the numbers in Italian clothing mean ?

Im looking at Gucci jeans size 46 but on their chart it says this is 32-33 inches Waist UK. But Im trying to figure out how they come up with the number 46 to equal 32-33 inches? What unit of measurements are they using? What does 46 actually symbolise? Are these numbers just used symobolically instead of X S M L or is it a referring to a specific metric?

I tried googling and even watching videos on youtube in Italian with CC and can't get an answer, also I found out the French use numbers like 42 44 and so on different from the Italians, but what are these numbers indicating? How are they measuring their garments.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Buckyball
    What store is it you want to order from?
    louiselouise
    Does this help? Here's a Giorgio Armani size guide from a UK site (Sports Pursuit)
    50069018-UwD31.jpgFWIW, I've bought my partner Size 50 in a suit and trousers and they seemed to fit well (he's a typical Size Medium, waist 32 inches).

Gucci UK has this:50069018-Orekq.jpg (edited)
    louiselouise
    Really strange. I have bought him Selected Homme (who are Danish) trousers in 48 and they fit him, so maybe it depends on the label.
    Rednirah
    Hmmm I always thought EU/IT 46 in jeans/trousers was a size 30 UK.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants