Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

132 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    Cracking deal, IF Quidco pay out.

Quidco aren't the most...honest with these things. TCB all the way for me.

- You guys really should be more consistent.
    Quidco_Rep
    I can see that a couple of you have mentioned that your cashback hasn't tracked in just yet, they can take up to 72 hours to track in as normal so don't worry

If you have any issues after the 72 hours just drop a message over to socialsupport@quidco.com and I can get this sorted for you -Joe
    asbs Author
    ns1520/09/2020 09:58

Also when you go to order and select UK, there is VAT 20% charged which …Also when you go to order and select UK, there is VAT 20% charged which takes the total to £82.24 however as max cashback is £70, you'll be £12.24 out of pocket - the equivalent of 51p per month for 2 years

Select United States.
    Diogenes007
    Open to existing customers too. You will get the additional years added to your existing term.
    RaichuCx
    Hmm cashback max is £70 but after tax checkout is £83
    mrfreeman
    If anyone revisits this thread as they see the same deal with quidco - AVOID. It seems a very small chance of this tracking and if it pays. I've done it twice now (2 separate black Fridays) and both times, nordvpn say the order number isn't valid and the case is then closed and cant be appealed. I copied it from the invoice they provided so it was 100% correct. Even if it was wrong, surely you would allow me to send the invoice or something, not just so no and case close. Pretty rubbish

Ridiculous. Its just a con to get people to sign up (and it worked on me)

I do use the nordvpn but I think in future I will look at others as I've seen better review and speeds from other VPNs.

@Quidco_Rep - copying you in as you should not promote sites like this in my opinion.
    Newbold
    ruffedgrouse20/09/2020 05:28

Ultra-shady VPN company. You get what you pay for, and if you're not …Ultra-shady VPN company. You get what you pay for, and if you're not paying for something then your data is what's being sold. Can't believe anyone would trust this company with their private data.

Frankly, you'd be mad to trust most VPNs with any personal data. No safeguards, no bankable assurances - very high risk, but nobody seems to care,
    Newbold
    RaichuCx20/09/2020 04:55

Hmm cashback max is £70 but after tax checkout is £83

To get 100% cashback (because the cashback limit is £70 and the UK price is £80+) you have to commit VAT fraud by stating that you're resident in the US - serious matter. Really worth the risk to your finances, reputation and employability?
    asad786r
    ruffedgrouse20/09/2020 05:28

Ultra-shady VPN company. You get what you pay for, and if you're not …Ultra-shady VPN company. You get what you pay for, and if you're not paying for something then your data is what's being sold. Can't believe anyone would trust this company with their private data.

They've been independently audited and are not part of the 14 eyes, other vpn providers that have been independently audited are there, but more expensive.

If you want free and the same level of trustworthiness check out proton vpn. Only free vpn provider I would trust. But yea nord is good. So is expressvpn but its significantly more expensive (edited)
    Ashe
    exel196620/09/2020 17:32

They can do better than 100% cashback. Best to wait and get it better than …They can do better than 100% cashback. Best to wait and get it better than FREE. This was for 3 years.

Good deal then, but I'd still go for it for anyone who wants to use the service for free now, rather than waiting for something that might not happen again.
    jamie15
    deleted21623720/09/2020 23:24

Thanks I need to set up two direct debits for meeting bank rewards …Thanks I need to set up two direct debits for meeting bank rewards requirements. Just came to my mind now

I set up two £1 charity direct debits for that.
    nascent
    For some reason my comment got moderated and deleted, so here it is again:

"I'm not risking it, bought NordVPN once for a year subscription in a black friday sale. Spent about a month with support back and forth trying to get the service I paid for...Eventually, they told me I'm out of luck and I'd passed the cancellation period so were keeping my money. I wouldn't extend even if it had the possibility of being free."
    Inquisitor
    Newbold20/09/2020 07:06

Frankly, you'd be mad to trust most VPNs with any personal data. No …Frankly, you'd be mad to trust most VPNs with any personal data. No safeguards, no bankable assurances - very high risk, but nobody seems to care,

Hmm kind of, but not.
    From my opinion, it's 'easy' to create a vpn and maintain servers for diverting/switching, to make money however there will be alot of time/marketing etc spent.
    The temptation to sell data off could face prosecution and at minimum loss in reputation or their business completely.
    I don't think if they preach safeguard no recording etc and charge people fees for this premium, they will put some effort into it before give that data up..

Yes screw ups and cover ups will happen but that's another topic in itself. That's integrity of specific companies not the vpn concept.

I'd be more concerned on Chinese phones as its Chinese companies are gov controlled. We all seem to be ok with that so (edited)
    Vertron
    little_red_devil20/09/2020 01:39

Anyone any experience or feedback on nordvpn? Can you use it on …Anyone any experience or feedback on nordvpn? Can you use it on firesticks, mobiles, tablets etc?

I use NordVPN on all them devices and they work perfectly. They even have a dedicated Firestick app; If you set it to auto-connect it will block all connections if the VPN ever drops until it reconnects, this means it has an always active built in kill switch. (edited)
    asad786r
    J4m3s.B0nd20/09/2020 14:28

So how on earth do i purchase this using an existing NordVPN account?So …So how on earth do i purchase this using an existing NordVPN account?So far i've done1. click through to NordVPN site from the link in Quidco2. Once in NordVPN site i'm clicking the limited deal offer3. continue to payment4. a) now i only have option of insert email address to create a new account? b) login at the top right if have an account already but if i choose this option i only have the option to 'change plan'What the correct way to do this for everything to track?Many thanks for any help in advance

See my previous comments about disabling any ad or privacy trackers.

But your going about it the correct way so no problems.

Only thing is after you logged out on both quidco and nord (good practice to clear cookies, helps track the cashback).

log in to quidco only, find offer then go though the transaction as normal, BUT DONOT log into nord, go through the transaction as normal (2 years max, usa, so less than £70) BUT MAKE SURE the email address you provide to nord, during payment, is the same as your nord accounts, it doesnt matter if it's an existing account, you want that.

This worked for me 100%. (In extending the subscription) saying that quidco still hasn't tracked. Iv reached out to quidco support who replied via a human that it can take 72 hours but so far it's looking good, on quidcos end, so fingers crossed lol

If it doesnt work I'll just use nords 30 day cancellation policy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say

Edit: sorry if I sound patronising, I really dont mean it, it was only one understandably small thing you were doing wrong (edited)
    Vertron
    jamie1520/09/2020 15:09

Maximum cashback is £70 which is what it costs for 1 year.

Thanks, it's for 2 years. I'm sure there will be future cash back deals to extend this. Just hope it pays out.🤞 (edited)
    Vertron
    asad786r20/09/2020 14:33

See my previous comments about disabling any ad or privacy trackers.But …See my previous comments about disabling any ad or privacy trackers.But your going about it the correct way so no problems.Only thing is after you logged out on both quidco and nord (good practice to clear cookies, helps track the cashback).log in to quidco only, find offer then go though the transaction as normal, BUT DONOT log into nord, go through the transaction (2 years max, usa, so less than £70) as normal BUT MAKE SURE the email address you provide to nord is the same as your nord accounts.This worked for me 100%. (In extending the subscription) saying that quidco still hasn't tracked. Iv reached out to quidco support who replied via a human that it can take 72 hours but so far it's looking good fingers crossed lolIf it doesnt work I'll just use nords 30 day cancellation policy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they sayEdit: sorry if I sound patronising, I really dont mean it, it was only one understandably small thing you were doing wrong

Please let us know when/if this tracks for you. Thanks for sharing, this method will be useful for extending the subscription when there are new cashback deals. (edited)
    joshi99
    My cashback did not track this time either. Waited 72 hrs as requested. Then wrote to Joe who in this thread offered his help at socialsupport@quidco.com and did not receive a reply although I could see that the email was read. Wanted to file a claim in my Quidco account but for this I need the invoice number from my NordVPN account but there is no download link (I guess I need to wait 30 days to be able to ge it). So, I just contacted a NordVPN live chat representative who was very helpful and initiated a refund of the payment. Done within a few moments.
    Result: Great customer service by Nord, no help from Quidco. To be fair, the cashback for the NordVPN deal a month ago did track on Quidco without problems.
    jamie15
    joshi9925/09/2020 23:04

I meant to extend an existing Nord subscription with this deal so I asked …I meant to extend an existing Nord subscription with this deal so I asked the Nord rep to just cancel and refund the payment for the extension of the service and leave the original one.

I tried to extend too. I think I might cancel this one if Quidco don't fix this by the end of 30 days period.
    asad786r
    Vertron24/09/2020 17:28

Hi, I'm just curious if this tracked for you or not? Thanks

No not yet mate, I have to now wait on nord generating an invoice for me (as it wasnt available in my nord dashboard). That it self could take 5 to 7 days.

Once that's done I need to take the invoice number and tell quidco. That could also take sometime before it tracks.

Although this is a pain in the back side I was aware of the risks before hand. You need to also remember you might not be able to deposit the cashback into your bank account until months and months from now regardless.
    Vertron
    asad786r26/09/2020 19:35

No not yet mate, I have to now wait on nord generating an invoice for me …No not yet mate, I have to now wait on nord generating an invoice for me (as it wasnt available in my nord dashboard). That it self could take 5 to 7 days.Once that's done I need to take the invoice number and tell quidco. That could also take sometime before it tracks.Although this is a pain in the back side I was aware of the risks before hand. You need to also remember you might not be able to deposit the cashback into your bank account until months and months from now regardless.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope you get it sorted.
    Vertron
    nascent10/01/2021 13:17

For some reason my comment got moderated and deleted, so here it is …For some reason my comment got moderated and deleted, so here it is again:"I'm not risking it, bought NordVPN once for a year subscription in a black friday sale. Spent about a month with support back and forth trying to get the service I paid for...Eventually, they told me I'm out of luck and I'd passed the cancellation period so were keeping my money. I wouldn't extend even if it had the possibility of being free."

What issues did you have with the service? Mines been spot on. Quidco paid out recently too. (edited)
    Chris1910
    zochus1520/09/2020 01:20

So I've registered with quidco, went to the deal with their website, …So I've registered with quidco, went to the deal with their website, purchased but it's not showing up on my account?

They say to give it 24 hours to track. Used them for years, can take a few minutes and sometimes several hours. If it doesn't track just open a claim and they will add it for you.

I tend to clear cookies and that using Ccleaner before I make purchases.

Hope this helps. (edited)
    zochus15
    Chris191020/09/2020 01:25

They say to give it 24 hours to track. Used them for years, can take a few …They say to give it 24 hours to track. Used them for years, can take a few minutes and sometimes several hours. If it doesn't track just open a claim and they will add it for you.I tend to clear cookies and that using Ccleaner before I make purchases.Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll wait I'm quite impatient haha
    martsmall
    I managed to get the deal a while back I think it was 104% or something like that , Quidco paid out
    k1922h
    Aiadi20/09/2020 01:57

Good for basic browsing but hasn't worked with streaming services for me. …Good for basic browsing but hasn't worked with streaming services for me. Unsure about IPTV but no wireguard support killed it for me.

Last time I checked NordVpn did support WireGuard.
    support.nordvpn.com/Gen…htm
    Aiadi
    k1922h20/09/2020 02:12

Last time I checked NordVpn did support …Last time I checked NordVpn did support WireGuard.https://support.nordvpn.com/General-info/1438624372/What-is-NordLynx.htm

They have made it all close source (even gave it their own fake name) and would not work like normal wireguard if you want to use it on a router or a third party client app.

forum.gl-inet.com/t/gl-inet-can-only-connect-to-nordvpns-openvpn-not-wireguard/12036 (edited)
    jamie15
    Last time I extended Nord for 6 years with this offer Quidco didn't pay out. The previous time I did it they did. Inconsistent.
    nostalgian
    can't connect for me... "secure connection failed"
    dose.uk
    Diogenes00720/09/2020 01:34

Open to existing customers too. You will get the additional years added …Open to existing customers too. You will get the additional years added to your existing term.

How do you get that to work? As soon as I log in the 2 year plan is unavailable.
    asad786r
    deleted21623720/09/2020 08:50

I've just read this Link about Nord.People are quoting airvpn as a better …I've just read this Link about Nord.People are quoting airvpn as a better one here but airvpn are part of 14 eyes. So who do you go with. Is it better to make your own VPN? But it will be part of the eyes itself won't it

Lol yea you have a point mate. Making your own vpn will be subject to your home broadband upload speed, it becomes your download speed at the other end. And on virgin God help you for that lol. and your back to square one trusting your home isp. You could make your own vpn on an amazon AWS server for free, so something to consider (no inexpensive raspberry pi needed). A diy vpn (home or remote vps) is good if all you want to do is encrypt your connection while on public open wifi, as a layer of extra protection.

If you cant be assed with any of that and want an option for (some free limited) international locations, for free, check out proton vpn free. It's the only free vpn I would trust, that isnt yours. Free vpns that arnt yours should be avoided by a long shot in my opinion.

Lol I just realised I said free a lot... but this is hotukdeals after all right? (edited)
    asad786r
    On another note, does anyone know why this is now in discussions?... not profitable enough to hotukdeals eh? Lol
    asad786r
    Quidco_Rep20/09/2020 09:02

I can see that a couple of you have mentioned that your cashback hasn't …I can see that a couple of you have mentioned that your cashback hasn't tracked in just yet, they can take up to 72 hours to track in as normal so don't worry If you have any issues after the 72 hours just drop a message over to socialsupport@quidco.com and I can get this sorted for you -Joe

Thanks joe.
    Vertron
    asad786r20/09/2020 09:06

If you want free and the same level of trustworthiness check out proton …If you want free and the same level of trustworthiness check out proton vpn. Only free vpn provider I would trust. But yea nord is good. So is expressvpn but its significantly more expensive

Agreed, the only downside is you can't torrent using the free Proton VPN servers. If you could I wouldn't have to buy one. (edited)
    bigfatdaddy_udds
    Why was this thread changed into a discussion?
    ns15
    Also when you go to order and select UK, there is VAT 20% charged which takes the total to £82.24 however as max cashback is £70, you'll be £12.24 out of pocket - the equivalent of 51p per month for 2 years
    Diogenes007
    asad786r20/09/2020 09:17

On another note, does anyone know why this is now in discussions?... not pr …On another note, does anyone know why this is now in discussions?... not profitable enough to hotukdeals eh? Lol

Confusing. This is the second deal I've seen moved to discussions.
    also had a deal moved to discussions hotukdeals.com/dis…566
    brightonly
    I posted this as a deal, but it has been changed into a discussion. It clearly isn't a discussion and people who want the deal will not find out. Could someone turn it back to what it should be please.
    Anonymous User
    Same - i tried to post as a deal and was merged with this.

No doubt if the mods found it, it would be pinned as a deal on the highlights page.
    Diogenes007
    asbs20/09/2020 10:35

[Image] This is what they messaged me.

I'm sure I've seen other Quidco / NordVPN deals hang around on their main site longer than this. I guess the mods aren't too busy at the mo'. Great post though!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants