Taurine

Posted 8th Jun 2023
Taurine is one of those supplements that hardly anyone (I suspect) knew even existed.

Taurine occurs naturally in meat & fish etc & for whatever reasons people buy it. Never heard of it myself until tonight.

However today, after a story on the BBC about the possible health benefits of Taurine we now have a shortage of Taurine. Not that that causes me a problem.

In any event in studies that do not include humans it appears Taurine can increase lifespans by 10% in vermin & such like.

Don't blame me. Blame the BBC. Great time to be in the Taurine business. Amazon is now sold out.

bbc.co.uk/new…138
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I remember as a kid being told not to drink redbull because it has taurine in it which is bulls urine
    I heard it was bull sperm mind this was about 20 odd years ago
    might not be common knowledge to everyone but pretty sure anyone into health and fitness has been aware of taurine for many years. same as creatine, BCAAs etc. just maybe not the "general" public. which is probably where the extra sales have now come from.

who knows how much amazon had in stock. they might have only had a dozen bottles or packets of it. so being out of stock doesnt really mean much at all. not like amazon is the sole supplier of everything..yet.. lol.

i just had a quick look on amazon and theres loads of it in various forms available for next day delivery, so seems like its a load of nonsense them being out of stock... plus bodybuilding warehouse, bulk powders and all the other health suppliers all seem to have it in stock too.
    Your body produces Taurine so unlike a cat that needs to consume it in it's diet we are ok.
    thanks, just added more red bull to my next order.
    I’m one of the few people who knew this existed. I have to take magnesium taurate (taurine) to help keep my ectopic heart beats under control.

I guess I now have to try and stock up on it to ride out the shortage and/or price increase that will inevitably follow.
    I know it's in energy drinks, not sure if all them have it, but guessing with your heart issue energy drinks aren't good for you! Tbh I don't think they're good for anybody, I know one lad who has 4 every day I tried Monster once, drank half a can and started shaking, maybe my caffeine intake is weak
    I knew about it because of the Yakuza (Like a Dragon) series, Kiryu always has taurine drinks. 
    Any reduction in availability is probably due to the "Red Bull" industry. They also take the caffeine extracted from the decaff coffee manufacture.
    However, what we will now see is a rise in prices, that as usual will never come down, being blamed on the shortfall of taurine.
    £5+ for a can of Monster?
    Something vague on the box saying that - possibly - it may help rats live longer and hey presto it's sold out on Amazon. Bonkers.
    Bet the study and news item WAS sponsored by RedBUll and similar others !

And sheeple will buy in droves.
    First AI, now Supermice.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants