To The Moon Mobile - Anyone used them?

Posted 9th Jul 2020
I found them via an Instagram ad. They say they use the EE network and prices look good. Anyone used them? Are they any good?

tothemoonmobile.com/
Community Updates
New Comment

34 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Streetyking
    Currently trialing it with the £6 a month 2GB option but think I’m going to port my number across once my other sim runs out. I will go for the 8GB option I think I’m not a massive data user especially in COVID times, I like that you can change it each time too so if I have a month ahead where I’m going to Europe on holiday or something I’ll get the larger data plan. (edited)
    sammy125
    Avoid TTM. They've been spamming social media with ads lately so I had a look myself.

Looking at Companies House, the address they were using is a cheap forwarding address you can pay a few quid a month for to make it look like you're in London.

They claimed on social media that this was because of Covid but this is false as they had been using the address since their incorporation in 2018, then changed to a new one 1st September this year, still claiming to be in London.

The Director has many other tech companies registered far away from London, and all seem to be registered to his home address.

Social media page averages about 1 to 2 likes per day since opening.

Reviews on Facebook are from the owners mates which all came in one flood rather quickly after a few negative reviews which is clearly damage control.

It's just another piggyback network which will no doubt be gone sooner rather than later.
    Anonymous User
    sammy12527/10/2020 12:35

Then there was no reason to hide their real address and falsely blame …Then there was no reason to hide their real address and falsely blame Covid for it.That just shows they are untrustworthy. It's also only got one director, so hardly a large financial backing.Their latest accounts posted this week show a loss of £52,111.Just don't forget the amount of people on here who had massive trouble before when MVNO's went bust and then they needed their number back.

Companies and people lie, sociopathism is the new majority religion along with its twin sister consumerism. Materialism/self serving unfortunately is the way of the world. Whilst I don’t agree with lying it’s more common than a generation brought up on Chav Tax Credits, again unfortunately this is mid 90s life onwards, sadly completely normal, all companies do it - it’s about £ not people.

It is the gov funded telecom regulator Ofcom duty to ensure the PAC process works whilst in a MVNO is business or administration.

It’s telling Ofcom don’t even have a reporting safeguard in place that all 4 licenced networks must approach Ofcom before signing MVNO contracts so it can investigate via gov sisters Companies House/ Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy if the contract should be approved based on previous business conduct of named persons.

Ofcom don’t even have a list of MVNOs on Ofcom website or via a Freedom Of Information request as they don’t know them all, they don’t enforce their licence holders to report such, no proactive or reactive... as I said it’s the way way of the world, lie & winging it = dysfunction.

£50K of debt is nothing in business it’s small fry, esp for a new business.
    mas123 Author
    Might them a go. No contract.
    Uridium
    You can get 30Gb for £10pm with Smarty, I guess Three's network isn't for everyone though, if not then these prices aren't bad.
    Anonymous User
    HUKD won’t allow them Posted, FULL access to all of EE network, including the 800 band for coverage & 5G.

Versus EE Essential plans a absolute steal with no contract, and double the speed in the exact same place to the millimetre. Go go GO is my opinion.

tothemoonmobile.com/help
    42265347-FoAVj.jpg
    42265347-FxFpx.jpg
    sammy125
    Yv.D24/05/2021 13:54

I have used to the moon for last few weeks. Happy so far with their App …I have used to the moon for last few weeks. Happy so far with their App and Customer Support

Hello TTM staff member.
    mas123 Author
    deleted245639519/10/2020 13:14

HUKD won’t allow them Posted, FULL access to all of EE network, including …HUKD won’t allow them Posted, FULL access to all of EE network, including the 800 band for coverage & 5G. Versus EE Essential plans a absolute steal with no contract, and double the speed in the exact same place to the millimetre. Go go GO is my opinion. https://www.tothemoonmobile.com/help[Image] [Image]

I’ve been holding back as they have no reviews. They are launching in 2 days so will see what the feedback is.
    Anonymous User
    mas12319/10/2020 13:33

I’ve been holding back as they have no reviews. They are launching in 2 d …I’ve been holding back as they have no reviews. They are launching in 2 days so will see what the feedback is.

mas12319/10/2020 13:33

I’ve been holding back as they have no reviews. They are launching in 2 d …I’ve been holding back as they have no reviews. They are launching in 2 days so will see what the feedback is.

Covid has pushed the launch several times as far as I can see, social media went live in May.

I used the free 7 day bundle, works perfectly. Will keep in my second phone for coverage, buy bundle as needed.
    veedubjai
    anouj
    deleted245639519/10/2020 13:14

HUKD won’t allow them Posted, FULL access to all of EE network, including …HUKD won’t allow them Posted, FULL access to all of EE network, including the 800 band for coverage & 5G. Versus EE Essential plans a absolute steal with no contract, and double the speed in the exact same place to the millimetre. Go go GO is my opinion. https://www.tothemoonmobile.com/help[Image] [Image]

Are you sure it has 5g access?
    mas123 Author
    anouj26/10/2020 04:10

Are you sure it has 5g access?

Although TTM Mobile’s host network EE has the widest 5G Coverage in the UK, TTM Mobile isn’t currently offering it. This is common, with very few MVNO’s currently offering 5G coverage & the four major networks still having limited coverage nationwide.
    Anonymous User
    mas12326/10/2020 04:44

Although TTM Mobile’s host network EE has the widest 5G Coverage in the U …Although TTM Mobile’s host network EE has the widest 5G Coverage in the UK, TTM Mobile isn’t currently offering it. This is common, with very few MVNO’s currently offering 5G coverage & the four major networks still having limited coverage nationwide.

Their website states they do, being a new MVNO obviously their contract with EE will be less restrictive than other long established MVNOs, EE’s dominance over 4G is now yesteryear with Vodafone & somewhat o2 shared base stations this late in the 4G game.
    Anonymous User
    Forgot to post the other day price plan updates (thought I had, obviously intended to do so & forgot thinking I had )

50GB is now £25, 7GB for £8.80 - both with unlimited calls & texts

some very decent 30 day PAYG bundle deals...

42334559-zZDgV.jpg
    42334559-VCyOe.jpg
    42334559-p0q2N.jpg
    42334559-zj8AC.jpg
    42334559-Zj0AB.jpg
    42334559-FIZjK.jpg
    42334559-1y7Pm.jpg (edited)
    Anonymous User
    42334607-o82W6.jpg
    42334607-F4jfW.jpg
    42334607-fkGa6.jpg
    42334607-nqEzj.jpg
    42334607-sgJ36.jpg
    42334607-JPpxC.jpg
    Streetyking
    I can confirm I’ve been using TTM Mobile for the past few days on my iPhone 12 which is 5G and I’ve not seen it once, I live in Leeds and work in the city centre, EE have 5G availability in both where I live and in the centre but not seen it so I’m guessing the previous poster was correct no 5G yet.

ALTHOUGH some good news, I did a speed test in my house yesterday and some in the centre and it’s pumping out just under 60mbits per second down and 23 up! Some of the fastest I’ve seen on 4G.

Been in contact with the customer services too and they have been very nice, no bots straight through via the app!
    Streetyking
    42341906-8HXUn.jpg
    Not bad at all!
    mas123 Author
    Streetyking27/10/2020 00:27

I can confirm I’ve been using TTM Mobile for the past few days on my i …I can confirm I’ve been using TTM Mobile for the past few days on my iPhone 12 which is 5G and I’ve not seen it once, I live in Leeds and work in the city centre, EE have 5G availability in both where I live and in the centre but not seen it so I’m guessing the previous poster was correct no 5G yet.ALTHOUGH some good news, I did a speed test in my house yesterday and some in the centre and it’s pumping out just under 60mbits per second down and 23 up! Some of the fastest I’ve seen on 4G. Been in contact with the customer services too and they have been very nice, no bots straight through via the app!

Nice, are you trialing it, or plan to stay with them?
    mas123 Author
    Streetyking27/10/2020 01:38

Currently trialing it with the £6 a month 2GB option but think I’m going to …Currently trialing it with the £6 a month 2GB option but think I’m going to port my number across

Let us know if you have any issues. Otherwise it does look promising. Only downside is no 5G.
    Streetyking
    mas12327/10/2020 01:40

Let us know if you have any issues. Otherwise it does look promising. Only …Let us know if you have any issues. Otherwise it does look promising. Only downside is no 5G.

I know it is a shame, they are very vague about dates when I’ve spoke to the Customer services too. They are working towards using eSIM too that will be nice to use as a back up, thinking I could get Smarty or Voxi 12gb/30gb on the physical sim, then TTM on the eSIM
    mas123 Author
    Streetyking27/10/2020 01:43

I know it is a shame, they are very vague about dates when I’ve spoke to t …I know it is a shame, they are very vague about dates when I’ve spoke to the Customer services too. They are working towards using eSIM too that will be nice to use as a back up, thinking I could get Smarty or Voxi 12gb/30gb on the physical sim, then TTM on the eSIM

Just out of interest, EE do a SIMO with 10GB data for £10 a month. Is the only advatnage with TTM that there is no contract?
    Streetyking
    mas12327/10/2020 01:54

Just out of interest, EE do a SIMO with 10GB data for £10 a month. Is the …Just out of interest, EE do a SIMO with 10GB data for £10 a month. Is the only advatnage with TTM that there is no contract?

Really? Where is that?
    Streetyking
    mas12327/10/2020 02:58

Through Uswitch:[Image]

Good deal but no 5G and throttled to 29mbps
    mas123 Author
    Streetyking27/10/2020 03:00

Good deal but no 5G and throttled to 29mbps

Not sure if it’s the same with EE, but I’m with BT (who own EE) at the moment and my plan was advertised as throttled, but it’s not.
    Anonymous User
    sammy12527/10/2020 08:22

Avoid TTM. They've been spamming social media with ads lately so I had a …Avoid TTM. They've been spamming social media with ads lately so I had a look myself.Looking at Companies House, the address they were using is a cheap forwarding address you can pay a few quid a month for to make it look like you're in London.They claimed on social media that this was because of Covid but this is false as they had been using the address since their incorporation in 2018, then changed to a new one 1st September this year, still claiming to be in London.The Director has many other tech companies registered far away from London, and all seem to be registered to his home address.Social media page averages about 1 to 2 likes per day since opening.Reviews on Facebook are from the owners mates which all came in one flood rather quickly after a few negative reviews which is clearly damage control.It's just another piggyback network which will no doubt be gone sooner rather than later.

It’s a Fintech company apparently they also do cryptocurrencies, I checked this all out too, it is a legit company & it’s not unusual for companies to use forwarding or bulking addresses.

I’m not paranoid about this as it’s a Payg product. They sent a sim so they have my name and address but nowt else, top ups on the app by card (from £3) is protected by the card issuer.

Also setting up a MVNO isn’t cheap - especially with EE probably even more expensive since BT Group bought EE.

EE coverage £6 on 30 day terms is a winner, not for me as a secondary coverage sim but will be for others, I prefer unlimited data

42344983-CXYTc.jpg
    42344983-YAv0m.jpg
    sammy125
    deleted245639527/10/2020 11:49

It’s a Fintech company apparently they also do cryptocurrencies, I checked …It’s a Fintech company apparently they also do cryptocurrencies, I checked this all out too, it is a legit company & it’s not unusual for companies to use forwarding or bulking addresses. I’m not paranoid about this as it’s a Payg product. They sent a sim so they have my name and address but nowt else, top ups on the app by card (from £3) is protected by the card issuer. Also setting up a MVNO isn’t cheap - especially with EE probably even more expensive since BT Group bought EE. EE coverage £6 on 30 day terms is a winner, not for me as a secondary coverage sim but will be for others, I prefer unlimited data [Image] [Image]

Then there was no reason to hide their real address and falsely blame Covid for it.

That just shows they are untrustworthy.

It's also only got one director, so hardly a large financial backing.

Their latest accounts posted this week show a loss of £52,111.

Just don't forget the amount of people on here who had massive trouble before when MVNO's went bust and then they needed their number back.
    SnappersMocaps
    deleted245639527/10/2020 12:58

Companies and people lie, sociopathism is the new majority religion along …Companies and people lie, sociopathism is the new majority religion along with its twin sister consumerism. Materialism/self serving unfortunately is the way of the world. Whilst I don’t agree with lying it’s more common than a generation brought up on Chav Tax Credits, again unfortunately this is mid 90s life onwards, sadly completely normal, all companies do it - it’s about £ not people. It is the gov funded telecom regulator Ofcom duty to ensure the PAC process works whilst in a MVNO is business or administration. It’s telling Ofcom don’t even have a reporting safeguard in place that all 4 licenced networks must approach Ofcom before signing MVNO contracts so it can investigate via gov sisters Companies House/ Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy if the contract should be approved based on previous business conduct of named persons. Ofcom don’t even have a list of MVNOs on Ofcom website or via a Freedom Of Information request as they don’t know them all, they don’t enforce their licence holders to report such, no proactive or reactive... as I said it’s the way way of the world, lie & winging it = dysfunction. £50K of debt is nothing in business it’s small fry, esp for a new business.

Is it confirmed that they offer Band 20? I know it's stated but i would like to hear from an actual user who can confirm it.
    Anonymous User
    SnappersMocaps05/02/2021 11:36

Is it confirmed that they offer Band 20? I know it's stated but i would …Is it confirmed that they offer Band 20? I know it's stated but i would like to hear from an actual user who can confirm it.

Given the U.K. best 4G Network is a complete failure regionally for me I can’t confirm, certainly when I tried the sim it was slow under 10 meg as so I assume it was Band 20 as Virgin with no band 20 access in the same spot speeds were way higher 20-30 average with some peaks at 40-45 megs.

Safe to assume band 20 access even at my windows is what the slow speeds were all about, certainly tests in a LTE HUAWEI router indicated such watching the B20 connection, assume phones do the same here so yeah B20 was included but for me it defaulted to slow speeds even when no Moon unlimited data exists and it made no sense as to slow me down on a MVNO, capacity issue or like EE Essential here both I think default to B20 and premium EE customers get faster band access as priority.

EE has in the last year opened B20 to resellers whereas pre 5G it was all about it monopoly internally with Essential (preferred B20 even when poor coverage v EE high speed bands) plans and Double Speed plans, externally it has Band20 locked down to EE only, even BT Mobile didn’t get access for years after BT bought EE. Now MVNOs are getting access.

Given 5G dropping customers back to B20 on EE or a EE MVNO doesn’t make sense, it would create consumer frustration on speeds, 5G Virgin with no B20 would be a great data sim hahah
    SnappersMocaps
    deleted245639505/02/2021 17:36

Given the U.K. best 4G Network is a complete failure regionally for me I …Given the U.K. best 4G Network is a complete failure regionally for me I can’t confirm, certainly when I tried the sim it was slow under 10 meg as so I assume it was Band 20 as Virgin with no band 20 access in the same spot speeds were way higher 20-30 average with some peaks at 40-45 megs. Safe to assume band 20 access even at my windows is what the slow speeds were all about, certainly tests in a LTE HUAWEI router indicated such watching the B20 connection, assume phones do the same here so yeah B20 was included but for me it defaulted to slow speeds even when no Moon unlimited data exists and it made no sense as to slow me down on a MVNO, capacity issue or like EE Essential here both I think default to B20 and premium EE customers get faster band access as priority. EE has in the last year opened B20 to resellers whereas pre 5G it was all about it monopoly internally with Essential (preferred B20 even when poor coverage v EE high speed bands) plans and Double Speed plans, externally it has Band20 locked down to EE only, even BT Mobile didn’t get access for years after BT bought EE. Now MVNOs are getting access. Given 5G dropping customers back to B20 on EE or a EE MVNO doesn’t make sense, it would create consumer frustration on speeds, 5G Virgin with no B20 would be a great data sim hahah

I ordered their free 500mb sim so i will be able to find out for sure soon enough (with an app).
    Anonymous User
    SnappersMocaps05/02/2021 20:54

I ordered their free 500mb sim so i will be able to find out for sure soon …I ordered their free 500mb sim so i will be able to find out for sure soon enough (with an app).

Well it’s free isn’t it so yeah try your area, as I said I bounce to B20 base station transmitters at each side of the river and miss the other high speed 4G bands further afield, unless using Virgin with no B20. Pain in the butt lol. Never mind at least o2 5G went live which is 2-4 times faster than Voda at average 50 megs.

EE coverage and speeds is the worst performing network here, by far, o2 was way better then Three and Voda as top dog. Now o2 5G is top dog. (edited)
    SnappersMocaps
    I have tested it and it doesn't appear to be any different to the EE PAYG including the lack of band 20. My other SIMs give band 20 as normal but both the EE PAYG & the TTM defaulted to band 3 with no switch to 20. I'm really gutted by this. I have no idea why their website states it's included.
    Yv.D
    I have used to the moon for last few weeks. Happy so far with their App and Customer Support
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants