Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

14inch laptop, nice screen, portable, good battery

Posted 1st Jun 2023
Hi!

I’ve been hunting around for a few days for laptop that is portable, robust (physically), 14inch, windows based and with a good quality screen. My current laptop just seems washed out and not sharp. It is also huge and heavy. It’s an MSI GF72 8RD. It doesn’t need to play modern games titles. Primary use is MS Office, video editing (insta 360), conferencing, web browsing and some streaming. I’m open to refurbished. I’ve found myself looking at Thinkpads because they don’t seem to need wrapping up in cotton wool.

The laptop market seems gigantic, there seems to be an endless amount of brands and models within those brands. The standard of screens seems to vary hugely.

is there anyone out there who could please offer any insight in some good options? I’d be keen to know what’s available at various prices bands.

Many thanks 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Deedie
    Have you tried reading the comments section on laptop deals. That's how I find out all the info I need to know on them. You will also get the opinion of more than 1 or 2 people who might reply to this thread
    Uridium
    You've basically described the Lenovo Carbon X1.

Usually plenty on eBay, just work out your budget and find one from a decent seller
    tardytortoise
    What screen resolution are you after?
    What aspect ratio are you after?
    What refresh rate are you after?
    What colour depth are you after?
    What nits are you after?
    I take it you have already optimised your screen on your existing laptop?
    What do you mean by "good battery"? Greater than 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours?
    What is your budget? (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants