Cancel Parents Vodafone Contact - Lost Phone

Posted 26th Apr 2023
Evening folks, my father has a vodafone line and paying £16 a month (a crap deal). He's long out of contract and I've been nagging him to give it up as he has a Sky Mobile sim only deal too.

Finally convinced him a couple of months ago and I was going to port out his number to a spare Sky Mobile Sim I have based (100mb sim deal from on here).

Anyhow, he's lost his handset so I can't go down that route. What's the easiest way to cancel the contract?

Call, go instore, just cancel the DD etc? (he's unlikely to call or go instore as he hates this kind of thing). He's not bothered about the number as he only wants one phone now.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Nikita_Percival
    Just rung up and ask your dad to give authorisation on the account and give them 30 days notice
    BeefyMcWhatNow
    +1 for this,

also, may be worth setting up the new phone in your name so you can manage it going forward
    001Cisco
    Did he inform Vodafone he lost the phone? If yes, Vodafone should have sent him a replacement SIM.
    You need to do it asap if he hasn't done it.
    If someone get hold of his old SIM and ring preimum number, he will be in
    Willy_Wonka
    If you just cancel the direct debit that will cause a bill of sorts. Vodafone will pass it through to debt collection as a matter of course whether its £2 or £200.

Give notice over the phone & order another sim with a new number elsewhere.
    sm9690
    Easiest way if he is out of contract and has the SIM would be to text Vodafone to get the PAC code to give to the new provider which would then disconnect and cancel the Vodafone contract.

vodafone.co.uk/hel…unt
    Willy_Wonka
    "he's lost his handset so I can't go down that route"
    AndyRoyd
    How do I cancel my mobile or broadband contract?
    You can either call or chat to us.

Presumably you will have to pretend to be your old man and use chat as it sounds like your old man won't tolerate TOBi:
    vodafone.co.uk/con…us/
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants