Choosing the right SSD

Posted 1st Jun 2023
Hi All,

I’m looking to buy a SSD for laptop. Could you please advise what should I look for and what would be compatible please. Currently I have M.2, 2280. PCIE3X4 Samsung

Note - it’s a Lenovo Legion AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
Model 82B10063UK. It’s a Nvme and I would like to fit as second drive. Preferably 2TB and the budget is under £150. Thank you

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    C0mm0d0re_K1d
    Checked the model specs and the first ssd is just listed as 1 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 - NVM Express (NVMe).

So any decent brand with dram cache. Probably won't make much difference if you get PCIe 3 or 4. Just get which ever is the best price for capacity.

You could check which ssd you already have installed and get another bigger one of those.
    adam.mt
    Since you've not said what laptop, then anyone can only advise to buy something similar to what you've got!

Are you wanting to swap the current drive for higher capacity or fit as a second drive?

What capacity? What budget?

You've pretty much got the specs, the only thing left is whether a SATA or nVMe controller.
    faz Author
    Hi Adam, Sorry it’s a Lenovo Legion AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
    Model 82B10063UK. It’s a Nvme and I would like to fit as second drive. Preferably 2TB and the budget is under £150. Thank you
Discussions
Top Merchants