Driving licence renewal at post office but not received a renewal letter, is it all electronic or do they give you a form to fill in?

Posted 18th Aug 2023 (Posted 23 h, 3 m ago)
I need to renew my photocard driving licence in the next week but haven't received a renewal letter yet, I'm planning to go to the post office to do their £21.50 'take a photo for you' service.

Does anyone know when you get there do they give you a form to fill out (and which one?) or is it all electronic and I just have to have the photo taken and sign the electronic pad?
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    peepeep
    I've had my licence renewed at the post office. They fill the form in on a tablet, take your picture, and take your old licence off you to send back. They gave me a receipt to show why i didn't have my licence, and i had my new one in a week. It's really easy and convenient
    Ashley82 Author
    Thank you sounds very easy!
    001Cisco
    Do you have passport?
    You can fill out everything online and ask them to use photo from existing passport.

If you want a new photo, I believe you can get a form from post office , stick a new photo on the form and send back.
    No need to pay £21.50 to Royal mail either.

Cheapest way to get passport photo probably be take it on your mobile phone with plain background.
    Get a passport photo edit app to edit it.
    Take it to Boots/ Asda, etc self service photo printing...
    M4tt31
    The £21.50 is total cost from the PO.

Applying online is £14,

By post is £17 so if you want a new photo and need to go to the post office for a form, then go to print pictures etc probably another £2/3? I don't think there's going to be that much cost saving with travel/time included.

OP have you got the right address on your current one? that could be the most obvious potential cause for the lack of letter. I updated mine at the PO last year but I can't remember what I had to fill in but it didn't take more than a few minutes and got the license in about a week. (edited)
Discussions
Top Merchants