credit to AirSeller for their input, looking for more opinions / suggestions.
Hopefully the below helps and feedback would be grateful for the PC parts too
1. What will you be doing with this PC?
- Looking to emulate games mainly Dreamcast, GameCube, N64, Wii, Wii U, PS2, PS3 and Nintendo Switch. Where possible for the emulators to be able to run at minimum 60 FPS - I'm aware it's easy on some games, but say Skate 3 on the PS3 or BOTW on the Wii U can be difficult and or costly, otherwise 30 FPS smoothly.
Also generic use i.e. Web Browsing, emails, streaming up to 4k using YouTube, Netflix, Disney Plus etc... where possible, will be connected to a Samsung 4K TV that can handle at least 1440p at 120hz.
2. What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
- I would like something as cheap as possible, example Xbox Series S is £250 and can do most of the above, but from what I know there are no emulators for the Wii U, Switch and PS3 where using RetroArch via Xbox.
3. When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
- If possible within 2 weeks time dependant on my budget ask / requirements
4. What, exactly, do you need included in the budget?
- Something in size similar to Xbox Series X, dependant if the budget allows.
- Windows OS
- Keyboard and Mouse, nothing fancy as will use an Xbox controller for gaming
5. Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?
6. If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
- I have nothing, starting from scratch.
7. Will you be overclocking?
- No, I'm assuming my tasks are not that demanding.
8. Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build?
- 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, HDMI Port, USB Type C, USB 3.xx, Ethernet Port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
9. Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
- Colour Black, a minimalistic look and just something cheap and functional.
10. Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?
- I'll just go with Windows Inactivated then work from there on what I want.