Holiday destination recommendations

Posted 22nd May 2023
Hi team,
I’m looking to plan a summer holiday (europe ideally) that is ideally half beach time and half city break. Any destination recommendations that can combine a lazy beach and a more activity packed time?

I’ve heard Barcelona would be good for that, would you recommend it, or rather do 3 days at the beach then move city (not country as travel takes so much time!) and do 3 days somewhere else?

Any recommendations for destinations and even ideal time periods for not terribly busy would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Russ2626
    I would recommend Lisbon. Lots to do in the city and it's very easy to take a train to Tamariz or Cascais beach areas.
    innocent
    Agreed. Barcelona good but not ideal because of pick pockets and common criminals.
    suejb2
    Croatia
    SaturdayGigs
    Fuengirola is fantastic, can hop on a train to malaga for €7.20 return, lovely city. (edited)
    Xippi
    Depends what you want but Malaga has it all. Lovely walkable city, museums, art galleries, history, alcazaba, green areas, great eating/café culture, great nightlife, posh port area, promenade, cycle hire, beach. Many options to stay in the city itself - plenty of hotels & airbnb.. Resorts to the west like Fuengirola if that is your preference, or more authentic places like El Palo to the East which is only 40min walk/15min bus from centro. Benalmadena pueblo or Mijas lovely but probs not first visit. Avoid hiring a car if you stay in the main areas - no need as public transport works. Easy to fly to. Avoid Easter as very busy and obviously hot in summer
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants