Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How do I redeem a non uk region game on my Xbox

Posted 13th Nov 2020
As above. I want to purchase the new Cold War game. Cheapest I’ve found the cross gen version is £47.52 on g2a. However I can’t unlock in uk. Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    chrisdwiliams Author
    Arto13/11/2020 15:35

If it a US code then set a VPN to USA and your location on Xbox.com to the …If it a US code then set a VPN to USA and your location on Xbox.com to the same and redeem the code

Diamond. Sorted 🏻
    Daffydills
    All I ever do is buy gift cards for M$ for whatever country has the cheapest price (normally Brazil or turkey). Buy the cards from g2a. Add the game to my basket on said foreign store and use Google translate to read. Add the gift vouchers to the value and then buy. It downloads straight to my console. No hassle no VPN etc
    Peew971
    wolf10113/11/2020 15:16

Don’t think you can... it’s a region lock for a reason so you can’t get dea …Don’t think you can... it’s a region lock for a reason so you can’t get deals. But you can try if you have money and skills

People have been doing since 2013 when the console launched, OP just needs to use a VPN.
    wolf101
    Don’t think you can... it’s a region lock for a reason so you can’t get deals. But you can try if you have money and skills
    Arto
    Use a VPN connected to the correct server for the code and redeem via Xbox website
    chrisdwiliams Author
    Arto13/11/2020 15:18

Use a VPN connected to the correct server for the code and redeem via Xbox …Use a VPN connected to the correct server for the code and redeem via Xbox website

42602215-c4Lwr.jpg

Would the (United Kingdom) part cause an issue?

I have set up a US address to my account just in case.
    Arto
    If it a US code then set a VPN to USA and your location on Xbox.com to the same and redeem the code
    jkprosser
    I bought from cdkeys this morning. Usa version for £42.99. Get the code then put vpn to USA and redeemed code on website. Worked fine
    chrisdwiliams Author
    jkprosser13/11/2020 16:36

I bought from cdkeys this morning. Usa version for £42.99. Get the code …I bought from cdkeys this morning. Usa version for £42.99. Get the code then put vpn to USA and redeemed code on website. Worked fine

For the cross gen version? Went with cd keys in the end but was 51.99
    jkprosser
    chrisdwiliams13/11/2020 16:37

For the cross gen version? Went with cd keys in the end but was 51.99

Nah just standard mate. Not planning on getting a next gen anytime soon
    chrisdwiliams Author
    Daffydills13/11/2020 17:00

All I ever do is buy gift cards for M$ for whatever country has the …All I ever do is buy gift cards for M$ for whatever country has the cheapest price (normally Brazil or turkey). Buy the cards from g2a. Add the game to my basket on said foreign store and use Google translate to read. Add the gift vouchers to the value and then buy. It downloads straight to my console. No hassle no VPN etc

I wouldn’t want to look now how much I could have saved 😩

However that would be the way forward. Any chance you could send me a step by step PM? Would be kind if you could. Also can the whole process be done on my phone, or is a pc required also? Thanks
    wolf101
    Peew97113/11/2020 18:38

People have been doing since 2013 when the console launched, OP just needs …People have been doing since 2013 when the console launched, OP just needs to use a VPN.

I didn’t know there was a vpn. OP can do it then
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants