Lebara auto renew

Posted 8th Jun 2023
Hello,
2 months back ordered a cheap MSE 6months deal at £0.49/m
Finally Used it 2 days back and checked my account. The auto renew was off

Called Lebara who said just turn it on. She assured me that the special deal price will be honoured for first 6months. I have my doubts.
Did anyone face this?
In the past, the auto renew was ON by default for all deals I signed up for. Have they changed policy so that cheap punters like me are caught off guard? Thx for your time.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    One time I stupidly/accidentally switched auto-renew off and sure enough Lebara got no money and switched off my service. Luckily, within 24 hours I called them and they restored the service at the cheap price. They had to do some techy fiddling whilst I was on the phone - sounded a faff, so maybe they have fixed that now and just switching autorenew back on fixes it. After all said and done your offer/contract is for 6 months so they got to honour it. I just let mine lapse after 6 months and pop-in the latest offer SIM at the new offer and I'm good to go. I only use the SIM in a myfi portable router so the phone number is unimportant. (edited)
    I would recommend turning it back on and then contacting them each month if your discounted rate doesn’t go through. I had this issue with the 1p deal. Auto renew was never on, so each month I would be charged £6.90. Only took about 5 mins to resolve each time with their live chat.
    Next to the Auto renew button does it state that it will be charged at £0.49 for the next 5 months? If so then it's likely to be okay. (edited)
    Author
    No such message
    Hope I don't have to request them every month
    Might just order a new SIM instead.
    same as pfagan10, but accidentally turned auto-renew off. Tried turning it back on but it reverted to the £6.90 a month. Had to talk on the chat every month to get a refund, told them about it every month and was told they'd fix back to 1p but they never kept their promise
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants