Monitor for Macbook

Posted 14th May 2023
Hi, I need a monitor for my MacBook air. It will be used (at the moment) for reading text and writing. In the long run it will be used for working on animation projects. I've been trying to learn what's necessary but I seem to keep going around in circles. I'm also not rich so does anyone have any suggestions or any requirements I should definitely get in a monitor? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    aLV426
    It appears budget will be your main driving force, next is to consider resolution (1080p or 4K). You will struggle to get a 4k screen for under £200, there are many sub £200 options for 1080p monitors. Next is the interface - you can either buy a monitor with the relevant port or purchase a dock to enable more traditional interfaces. Do you need calibration?
    EndlessWaves
    The only thing you definitely need is connection compatibility, and the details of what will depend on which macbook air model you have.

There's not much else that's essential. You probably want to make sure the ergonomics work for you (appropriate height stand, accessible button placement etc.)

The biggest thing that's cause a suboptimal picture would be buying a monitor with a resolution beyond your laptop's ability to handle but that's generally the more expensive end of the market so not much to be concerned about if you're on a budget.
    43tr
    I have a couple dell monitors. I got them at the start of the lockdowns. I think I paid around £250 each new from Dell. Which at the time I was very happy with. I need more monitors now. So I checked eBay and they are going for £100. They are really good and I recommend them. It's the DELL ULTRASHARP U2518D
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants