Nintendo Switch hunt (now incl. £199 Switch Lite (so RRP) plus bundles)

Posted 24th Mar 2020
Hi

We had heard from a few friends and contacts that Nintendo Switch consoles are proving hard to get hold of at the moment - I guess they are an obvious thing to get to help entertain yourself during the lockdown (fi you have the cash, and aren't desperately trying to homeschool two kids while doing your job.... just for instance!)

From a search around online this morning, I can hardly see any available at all, certainly not at well-known retailers, or those with deals posted on here before now. So I was wondering if anyone else had been able to find one, and thought maybe we could share some intel for those who are looking to buy one to fill their time!

Found some news coverage of versions of the console selling out in US and Japan, but none here yet:

nintendoenthusiast.com/swi…ge/

segmentnext.com/202…al/

Thanks
Dan

UPDATE: Studio have stock of the Nintendo Switch Neon Red and Blue Console in stock at £284.98

Nintendo Switch Console - Animal Crossing Edition including Download code of Game £319.99

Nintendo Switch Lite availability (24/03)

3427105.jpg
Nintendo Switch Lite - Coral (£199.99)

The soon to be released Nintendo Switch Lite console is still (at the time of writing) still available to pre-order from Amazon and Shopto (£199.85) ahead of it's upcoming April 24th release.

Bundles

Pricing for the Nintendo Switch Lite is sitting around its RRP at the moment, so making use of any bundles you might find will most probably sit in your favour. For example - Game's offering of a Nintendo Switch Lite (grey or yellow) bundled with a copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons is saving you just over £10.

Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey + Animal Crossing: New Horizons - £229.00
Nintendo Switch Lite - Yellow + Animal Crossing: New Horizons - £229.00

Other newly released game are available bundled at this price with the Nintendo Switch, including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX.

Other bundles available...

Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey + Spyro Reignited Trilogy - £214.00
Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey + Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy - £214.00
Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey + Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - £214.00
Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey + Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle - £209.00

You can see Game's full range of Game's Nintendo Switch bundles [HERE]

Game are currently displaying a +£4.99 delivery charge at the moment, which may change in the future. If you're looking for a solus Nintendo Switch Lite console, check out Currys. They have Grey, Yellow and Turquoise delivered for £199.00.

Check out the links below for deals on the top 10 Nintendo Switch games.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Super Mario Party
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
Pokémon Sword / Shield
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
Community Updates
New Comment

376 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I managed to get a Nintendo switch animal crossing today couldn’t believe they had it( got it from Tesco)
    Smyth's letting you pre-order the Neon for £279 saying expected in stock 3rd to 10th April
    Annoyingly all the bundles have been removed from the site though
    Free switch for NHS workers
    I'm after one as well but it seems stock is completely dried out in the UK.

CEX can be very hit and miss, I would definitely not buy from them
    deleted231690924/03/2020 12:15

Comment deleted

I'd have to disagree, but also point out it's all down to preference. We have 3 Nintendo Switch consoles in the house and I much prefer playing on my Nintendo Switch Lite than I do on the lads' fatter Switch consoles.

It's easier on my hands and much lighter.
    eBay is similar, all £600+. I'd rather stare out the goddamn window for the next few weeks than pay that much for a switch (edited)
    M015T25/03/2020 11:58

Is that a joke or real screenshot?

It was from a 3rd party seller, not Game - which I think is important to mention. Could possibly be a case of price gouging, but could also be a temporary filler price due to stock shortages. I'm sure if somebody purchased at £999, the seller would find one to send
    quadnas25/03/2020 12:02

How can Nintendo bgger up business bssics, supplying 3 year old hardware?I …How can Nintendo bgger up business bssics, supplying 3 year old hardware?I cant even get hold of some games, notably ring fit adventure.

I guess they hadn't planned for a global pandemic.
    I can help with Tesco stock if required.

The Animal Crossing Special Edition Switch £319

Crawly Extra: 2
    Chichester Extra: 2
    Purley Extra: 2

If you're after places near you, ask away with a location.
    Government clearly needs to impose stricter lockdown rules judging by the number of people wiling to drive around and visit a supermarket for a console.
    rover.ebay.com/rov…364

Currys clearance are selling the Nintendo switch on eBay for £195.30 WTF!!! Managed to get one but they are going quick.

Edit: sold out in 5 mins but worth checking back (edited)
    I ordered a turquoise one from Argos this morning for £199 and got animal crossing for £20. It’s due to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed.
    I know there have been better deals out there but best I could find without leaving the house!
    marisa.hunter24/03/2020 14:36

I ordered a turquoise one from Argos this morning for £199 and got animal …I ordered a turquoise one from Argos this morning for £199 and got animal crossing for £20. It’s due to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed. I know there have been better deals out there but best I could find without leaving the house!

I think the pressure is on the normal nintendo switch, there is still stock around on the lite one Marisa so your order should be fine.
    I thought it was bad enough when I paid £299.99 with Mario Kart
    Get a Wii U and a stack of games for half the price. Still very entertaining and some games are practically identical to the switch versions.
    We binned those Argos deals guys ^ You can share them in here but we won't allow it in Deals when it is blatantly inflated prices.
    For everyone trying to get a switch. I have contacted Argos and they said the Neon switch is coming back in stock at £279 on 15/4/20
    The price currently on Game is disgusting...
    40177709-5kP6b.jpg (edited)
    I work at argos leicester and we have loads of switch lites but not the Nintendo switch due to this virus we have shut all our stores but you can still get from your local argos in side Sainsburys as they are still open and home delivery services are still available as well
    mattgarforth24/03/2020 15:59

The price currently on Game is disgusting...[Image]

That's the 3rd party market, it shows as their stock when it's really not, makes it seem like they are selling it, not a good sight in general though
    Nintendo switch in stock! https://www.studio.co.uk/shop/en/studio/nintendo-switch-hw-(neon-red-neon-blue)?searchTerm=nintendo%2520switch&pageView=&pageSize=40&orderBy=
    RamsMax25/03/2020 10:30

Do you have to pay by credit?

Nope, you can pay by Visa or Mastercard, but that adds £4.99 for delivery
    mattgarforth24/03/2020 15:59

The price currently on Game is disgusting...[Image]

Jesus i'll sell mine for that price
    Biddy225/03/2020 14:41

https://www.simplygames.com/p/two-point-hospital-nintendo-switch

Thanks so much, ordered - good price too and free 1st class delivery!
    Tesco Turquise Switch Lite some stores (all Extra)

Doncaster 2
    Rotherham 2
    Sheffield 1
    Scunthorpe 1
    Chesterfield 2
    Clay Cross 4
    Batley 2

Ask if you want me to check near you.
    Tesco Extra Switch Lite Grey

Doncaster 3
    Rotherham 2 in both stores
    Scunthorpe 2
    Mansfield 3 both stores
    Clay Cross 1
    Batley 1
    Renshy25/03/2020 15:23

Thanks!!Do any of the Rotherham stores have Animal Crossing though?

I'm afraid not. The closest store that even shows any stock is Batley Extra, 22 miles away. All other stores have sold out. Batley has 1 in stock.
    W.e.S25/03/2020 15:27

I'm afraid not. The closest store that even shows any stock is Batley …I'm afraid not. The closest store that even shows any stock is Batley Extra, 22 miles away. All other stores have sold out. Batley has 1 in stock.

W.e.S25/03/2020 15:25

Hi I have searched with that area in all my comments. If they didn't …Hi I have searched with that area in all my comments. If they didn't appear in the list then stock was 0

Thanks again!

Any Animal Crossing Switch edition in the area of Barnsley / Rotherham? (edited)
    Amazon France switch shipped in 24 hours for anyone wanting to go for it
    W.e.S25/03/2020 15:33

Hi I was just responding and said your comment was not found haha..Maldon …Hi I was just responding and said your comment was not found haha..Maldon has 0 in stock.In order of distance from that store that has stock of the special edition switch:Mayflower Retail Park 1Basildon Pitsea 1Colchester 2Rainham 2If I didn't mention a store it means they had 0I will need to find barcodes of the standard switch.

You absolute legend, thanks so much!
    Sophie962325/03/2020 15:39

Can you check Bedford? Please.

Sorry 0

The closest store showing any stock from Bedford is Stevenage with 4 in stock.
    HBrookes25/03/2020 15:53

Hey - can you check if there are any Grey full size ones in Bedfordshire / …Hey - can you check if there are any Grey full size ones in Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire area? Thanks

Royston 1 and that's the only store in the areas that has any of the Grey Main switches.
    Argos have a Neon Switch Bundle in stock for delivery (£369.99)

(Edit: Also the Neon Switch on it’s own depending where you are) (edited)
    mjfaderway28/03/2020 08:28

https://groceries.asda.com/product/games-consoles/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizons-console-edition/1000216902579look to have ac ones instock

shows as unavailible when i sign in
    I will try and catch up with a few requests soon. Just had to go to my local teaco extra as my missus now suddenly decided she wants to steal my Animal Crossing.

So I walked in, asked for a switch lite and the game. Got it for £199 and left.

I already have 3 switches so won't need this Yellow one. I'll be selling this off on Facebook but I won't link it here as its probably against the rules. What's more important to add is on the display the Out Of Stock labels were out, so to anyone else they wouldn't had even asked for the console I got.

My point is, all these consoles are widely available in Tesco Extra stores so please please do not pay the disgusting prices that are found on Ebay and Amazon currently.

40227174-yBnyA.jpg
    deserves a medal!
's avatar
Top Merchants