paypal - how to turn off 2 step verification?

Posted 19th Feb 2021
how to stop receiving text message codes whenever i use paypal to checkout?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Joshua_Blake
    If you value your money, I'd keep it enabled.
    Daffydills
    its part of the new security system that all payments have to have 2sv or have to implement very soon iirc. so will be the same for every payment by card etc
    Joshua_Blake
    Joshua_Blake19/02/2021 12:56

If you value your money, I'd keep it enabled.

To further add to this, I'd also rather 5 minutes or less of inconvenience getting my phone out to confirm a code, than to wait weeks or months to get my money back. The positives outweigh the negatives for me. There's also no guarantee you'll get your money back if someone hacked your account. (edited)
    dipsylalapo
    paypal.com/us/…057

Is that it not sure if it was when you were actually paying or just signing in

I'd advise against it
    Dalton_ Author
    i had to turn it off from within my ebay account. it was asking me to enter a code nearly every time i checked out
    abigsmurf
    Daffydills19/02/2021 11:53

its part of the new security system that all payments have to have 2sv or …its part of the new security system that all payments have to have 2sv or have to implement very soon iirc. so will be the same for every payment by card etc

I've just made a payment system for my company that uses the new secure payments system. In theory it's should be much better than 3DS was, you'll only get asked for phone confirmation if you go past a certain 'risk' threshold. Places you've shopped at before or places that are in keeping with your normal behaviour shouldn't trigger it.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants