POCO F3 bootloop (with screen corruption) PLEASE HELP!

Posted 10th Sep 2023
POCO F3 Android smartphone stuck in bootloop usually with the screen displaying artifacts/corruption.

Started yesterday after I decided to play Pokemon Go again after not playing it for around 10 days. The game needed to download an update via the game itself (not a Play Store update) which I allowed, and a while after this my phone froze/crashed and then went into bootloop. I then tried holding different buttons and it managed to boot fully and seemed fine, but i then decided to go back on Pokemon Go again which caused it to crash and go back into bootloop, and I havent been able to get it out of bootloop since

Holding the Power Button down just makes it reboot faster. The only effect I can have is holding the Volume Down button while it is rebooting which puts it into FASTBOOT mode. And leaving it like this for a while seems to cause the phone to turn off. Apparently holding Volume Up while rebooting should put it into Recovery Mode, but this isn't happening.

ANY help at all would be so much appreciated. Thank you for reading :) 

*UPDATE (4/10/23): Found it was covered by 2 year warranty and I'd bought It 17 months ago, so arranged to send for repair and just received back today saying it's had its main board replaced so all's well that ends well ✌️
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've been trying to fix this with my daughter's F3 for months.

From what I read it's a problem with the power switch, it sticks on, which causes the endless reboots.
    Some people have fixed it with rapid pressing for the power switch for a minute or so (just go mad and don't stop).
    Also repeatedly hitting the phone against something on the power switch side can free it (but you risk damaging the phone).
    Lastly, let it run down to zero power (leave it for a few days to make sure it's completely flat, repower and sometimes it just starts to work again!

I've tried all those and none of them worked, so I bought her a new phone.

If you take it to a repair shop, they can maybe take it apart and replace the switch, but it could cost more than the phone's worth. . . (edited)
    Author
    Thank you for your reply I don't think my power button has a problem. As when I hold it the phone reboots quicker than it otherwise would ? Also see strange artifacts like corruption on the screen too. It reboots itself after around 20 seconds. If i hold the power button it reboots much faster. It cant get past displaying the black screen displaying POCO in yellow and "powered by android" at the bottom. When it vibrates after about 3 seconds the artifacts appear, can be just a white/grey line going across the screen or green [maybe some orange/red too] broken pattern which looks like data ? Also sometimes some smearing/ghosting of the POCO and/or "powered by android" logo's
Top Merchants