Sim cards for 20p - Too good to be true?????

Posted 6th May 2023
Have found sellers on ebay selling sim cards for o2 for 20p

It sounds too good to be true.

Is this a scam???

LOW PRICE SIM CARDS
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bracey100
    no i see giff gaff sims for 1p with giff gaff u get free credit if someone activates the sim probly be same with o2 (edited)
    jamie15
    Not a scam but will be limited to like 1 or 2 per person usually
    hello-hello
    Or order from o2 website for free
    jco83
    No it's not a scam. It's just a SIM card. You don't get any credit on it
    Doug_
    I bought a pair for 20p. I use one for O2 Priority. Obviously I had to register it and top up with £10. Perhaps the sellers get a commission when they’re activated. O2 used to send them out for free.
    DealJester
    Feedback
    Canary0500
    No, it's not a scam, I ordered the 321 o2 sim for 20p as well, been using it for a couple of years now.
    bozo007
    It is definitely a scam now that you have used 5 question marks in the title.
    innocent
    Not a scam, sellers probably get a commission, linked to sim id once the sim is activated or somehow but the real question is whether the old rates (321) apply or not?
    noodles321
    1 ORDER ONLY PER HOUSEHOLD
    Clearly a scam. Seller is simply using your details on the O2 website to send you a free SIM. In return they get 99p for your laziness.
    Doug_
    I thought O2 stopped producing these PAYG SIMs ages ago which was why people started buying on eBay instead of getting free from O2. I presume it’s old stock and will eventually run out.

You can activate by topping up with £10, then as long as you use it occasionally it should last indefinitely. The only PAYG I can see on the O2 website require bundles starting at £10/month.

Perhaps the order limit is more to do with ulterior motives of bulk buyers than ulterior motives of the retailer.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants