Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

ULEZ payment: Unable to register

Posted 31st Aug 2023
Not a fan of London so have avoided it for over 10 years but Heathrow Airport is now part of Ulez scheme. So the payment is unavoidable in my vehicle.

I tried to register an account online a few days ago but nothing seem to get activated, no Customer ID which they ask for was created.

After my Heathrow trip Ive been trying to register via the app. Completed all the fields and then get error message right on completion.

How does Ulez work for the occasional traveller to London and how can I pay it before they inevitably send me a PCN?

Cheers!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bigwheels
    I registered 2 or 3 months ago.
    Im exempt as car is euro 6.
    But needed to register it for congestion charge exemption as disabled vehicle.
    Took 3 days then and sending emails with the same info 3 times.
    So can only imagine how bad it is now.
    one_eight_seven
    Can’t you pay by calling them on the number at the bottom of the page?
    HappyShopper
    I've heard of others having similar problems.

Also, for the first few weeks, you will not be charged/fined but sent a warning letter = however, not sure if this is only for your first journey into the expanded zone or all journey's during this period - suspect it's just the first one.
    Gollywood Author
    Yes, 1st ever visit by car since Congestion charge or Ulez introduced so no familiarity with the system at all.

Wasn't aware you could use the phone to pay it. Will try later. Assumed it was all online/app based.

Appalling registration process. Tried 3 different email addresses so far (edited)
    thesimpsons_uk
    I just pay online the day I enter the zone, luckily now changed my car to a compliant one!
    Gollywood Author
    Paid by phone. Was a bit of a pain. Not very user friendly. Just glad I won't be returning for a long time.

Probably be introduced to all cities eventually (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants