Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Upcoming promo: Buy a Google Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro and get a pair of Pixel Buds Pro or a Google Pixel Watch 2 (Wi-Fi)

Posted 3rd Oct 2023
There have been some leaks for this upcoming Google Pixel 8 promo tomorrow, however I can confirm to the HUKD community that the leaks are in fact correct - and can also provide some official images.

• If you purchase a Pixel 8 - you can claim a pair of Pixel Buds Pro
  • If you purchase a Pixel 8 Pro - you can claim a Google Pixel Watch 2 (Wi-Fi)

FYI: Pixel 8 will cost £699 and the Pixel 8 Pro £999 (for the base models) - potentially 10% less with student discount, however the cost will be higher than previous models over the years.

Google Pixel Watch 2 will cost £349 at launch.

Official blurb:
Between 4th October 2023 and 16th October 2023 inclusive, buy from participating retailers a new Google Pixel 8 Pro and receive a Google Pixel Watch 2 (Wi-Fi) on us, or buy a new Google Pixel 8 and receive a pair of Google Pixel Buds Pro on us. The Google Pixel 8 Pro or Google Pixel 8 may be purchased on a mobile network contract or SIM free.

Participants must be 18 or older and have a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Max 2 per household. Max 8 per business. Employees of participating retailers are not eligible to take part.

4210880_1.jpg
4210880_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Price has gone up a bit. My 7 pro 256gb was about 800 last year.

Was hoping to trade it in, sell the watch and use the 80 ish credit I got last year.

Reckon they'll give a decent amount for 7 pro? Hoping for more than £300
    Or maybe carphone / Currys will have that £150 bonus on trade in again
    Pixel 8 Pro 128GB £999

how much!! £150 increase over pixel 7 pro launch price
    Big bump in price....
    Will be £699 come christmas lol
    £499 come Easter
    Gonna be hard to justify the £150 price increase on the pro.
    Author
    Yep, the prices are terrible and so are the deals posted so far. Hence why I wanted to give the community a heads up here before it went live in terms of what they can expect.
    We were spoilt with the 7 Pro release price and deals - that's the problem.

hotukdeals.com/sha…321 (edited)
    I've just looked to see what I would get for my pixel 7 pro in good condition from the google store.

It's a bad copy/past but you get the idea.

Subtotal£1,348.00
    Total savings today-£349.00
    DeliveryFree
    Estimated VATIncluded
    Estimated total£999.00
    Estimated trade-in value-£347.00
    Total after trade-in£652.00

£347 trade in price is pretty badly low in my opinion £652 sounds great but not at the cost of my pixel 7 pro. It's something to consider I suppose
    Based on leaks, does anybody know how it'll stack up against the S23 Ultra?
    Makes me glad seeing the price I gone for edge 40 pro, for the excellent offer it had,, I remember when I picked up flag ships for 500 on release five years back now there going towards 800/thousands
    It's a good phone but the price of all phones these days makes me want to cry a little. Worlds gone mad!
    any discount already now? or trade in bonus?
    carphone warehouse with Pay Monthly is £20 cheaper...
    Is Pixel 8 Pro an upgrade to S23 Ultra?
    Lol wouldn't think so
    Doesn't seem like a big difference between Currys deal & going through Google for a trade in ?

For pixel 7 pro Google paying 370 and currys trade in will be 400 I guess.

With Google pay over 2 years interest free with Currys I don't pay nothing for 12 Months then pay full balance to avoid interest?!

Did I miss anything ?
    Sure some more experienced buyers can help here ?

Also with currys need to hand pixel pro in at store ? Not sure how transfering data to new pixel will work ?
    I guess with Google store you will get the pixel 8 pro first then send back 7 pro ?
    Currys trade in on the P7 Pro is £255! Google are paying £347, I'd sell privately, you'll get £400ish on Ebay. Last year Currys had the £150 extra on trade ins which doesn't appear to be available on the pixels this year. Having said that you can get it on the S23 Ultra! (edited)
    Is there anyway to get a discount with the Google store that won't affect the pre order bonus ?
    How long is the pre order bonus available for ?
    Risky waiting for Currys trade in deal ? (edited)
    Yep was available from day 1 last year. If Currys add the trade in deal next month you'll lose the free watch/buds offer as that ends on the 16th Oct, so probably worse off, unless there's big Black Friday discounts. (edited)
's avatar