Best ink jet printer to buy

Posted 12th May 2023
looking for inkjet printer any suggestions as i am first time buyer of inkjet printer.
In the past i have used mostly laser printers.

*Basically my teenager wanted to print photographs + some cricut crafting. Thats why i am looking into this.

Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bargainhunter1
    Ink jet printers are not cost effective compared to laser printers. Cartridges cost more than the printer itself in some cases. Not sure why you would you want one!
    Demon_Eyes
    All depends on use. I have a HP printer, and print a lot of A4 sized colour photographs. I use HP Instant Ink service, which means I get superb value for money when printing onto Photo paper at best quality. Beats laser printer every time, for both cost per print and quality.
    EndlessWaves
    Best for what criteria?

How much are you printing a month? What features do you need?
    MRWAFFLE Author
    Basically my teenager wanted to print photographs + some cricut crafting. Thats why i am looking into this.
    C0mm0d0re_K1d
    Just be aware inkjets can dry up and stop working if you leave them unused for months on end. Colour lasers are better for most things except photo prints, then you need an inkjet.

Look at either a Canon or Epson ink tank printer, that uses bottles of liquid ink as opposed to one that take silly little expensive cartridges. They are slightly more expensive to buy, but are cheaper to run.

If you only need to print a few one off prints. Maybe consider paying a place to print them for you, as opposed to buying a printer and not really using it. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants