Broadband/tv providers

Posted 8th May 2023
Looking for advice from you lovely lot! I'm out of contract with Sky who provide my TV and broadband, now paying £70 for basic TV package which I rarely use. Would appreciate help with options as this seems pretty excessive for the amount I use it.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Nikita_Percival
    I just use prime, freesat and then on-demand.
    KodaBear
    What speeds to you get from Sky for your broadband? And are you happy to stick with those speeds?

What channels do you make use of? Do you wish to stick with them or are you fine with freeview/freesat? And do you want to keep the ability to record or are you happy with streaming?

Is it just Openreach that's available where you live? Or can you get any of the other network infrastructure providers like Virgin Media, CityFibre, Hyperoptic or Netomnia in your street too?

If you can answer this it will help a lot with providing suggestions.

While waiting for an answer though, I can say that BT will you do 40Mb FTTC Broadband, and TV with their 'Pro' box which has all the features of Sky Q, and comes with Freeview, the usual Sky entertainment channels (Max, Atlantic, Comedy Central etc.) and Netflix for £36.99 a month for the first 12 months, and £46.99 thereafter.

If you're happy to ditch TV then you can save a lot more with broadband on it's own. (edited)
    Willy_Wonka
    Call up Sky & ask them to cut your bill.
    Zxra248
    Say you’ll look elsewhere
    thepostie
    Phone sky saying you want to cancel and refuse any offers that are close to what your paying. When it gets close to the actual end date they will message you giving you another offer. You might get around £50 for the full package with sports,movies, Netflix, etc. I had one link to an online chat that I still refused an offer on and then used the same link again and finally got a decent deal to stay with them. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants