Burger King Have Partnered With Loop To Introduce Reusable Packaging!

Posted 5th May 2023
It's great to see that Burger King have started to trial reusable packaging! With so much waste within the food industry, it's important that we take a different approach and at least try to lower how much is wasted.

Now... It might sound a bit weird to some, but I think it's a great idea with very little effort involved. It's mega important that these things are easy to get on board and involved with, especially as everyone seems to be rushing around these days.

The trial began on the 26th April and will run up until the 5th September at 5 stores. If results are positive then hopefully it will roll out across other branches later down the line.

"Customers will have the option to pay a £1 deposit for a re-usable cup or container instead of using single-use packaging, helping reduce single-use packaging consumption."

You can get the Loop Deposit App for both Apple and Android devices (Which you'd hope would be the case)

If you're curious to find out more, head HERE, where you'll see a short video about it.
I can't display it in this thread, as we're unable to get it working and it's not on BK's YouTube channel.

4130908_1.jpg
Customers can choose 10 Burger King® UK products in the Loop re-usable packaging including a range of sides, including Chilli Cheese Bites as well as burgers including the Plant-based Whopper® and the Crispy Chicken.

When customers return the re-usable cup or container, they can do so by downloading the Loop app, scanning the barcode on either the cup or container and returning it into a Loop bin. Loop bins will be placed outside selected Burger King® UK restaurants where the trials are taking place, as well as in other locations found via the Loop app. Customers who return their cups or containers will be refunded their deposit, with all returned cups or containers being professionally cleaned using Loop’s state-of-the-art cleaning system, scientifically designed to sanitise each item before reuse and then put back into the cycle.

Download the Loop deposit app via Google Play here or App Store here.

Registration on the Loop App is required for deposit refund and bank account registration on the Loop App is required for deposit withdrawal. For any enquiries, please contact the Loop UK Customer Service (Phone: 0800 2700 015, Email: hello@loopmobileapp.com). At participating restaurants in the UK for a limited time. Burger King® UK, 2022

Which Burger King®UK restaurants is the trial available at?
  • Ipswich Copdock Interchange
  • Ipswich Europark
  • Ipswich Westend Road
  • Ipswich Anglia Retail Park
  • Newmarket Fordham Road

What products can customers get in the Loop re-usable packaging?
  • Chilli Cheese Bites (Six and nine pieces)
  • Onion Rings (Six and nine pieces)
  • Chicken Fries (Six and nine pieces)
  • Chicken Nuggets (Six and nine pieces)
  • Vegan Nuggets (Six and nine pieces)
  • Whopper®
  • Whopper® plus Cheese
  • Plant-based Whopper®
  • Crispy Chicken
  • Crispy Chicken plus Bacon / Cheese
  • Loop re-usable burger clamshell to be offered on any size meal combo
  • Medium soft drinks (re-usable cup)
  • Loop re-usable cup available on medium size meal combos
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    abigsmurf
    Given how often I get stale buns and reheated microwaved burgers from BK, this seems right in line with their policy of serving customers reusable burgers too.
    tobybignell
    I feel there should be some sort of incentive of a discount by opting for this, like they have if you take a reusable cup to a coffee shop
    jamie15
    If I recall correctly Burger King first introduced this in France, and I think some other companies have trialled it here too. It is a good idea, but wish they had this for straws.
    CatsWithThumbs
    They tried this out in Ipswich last year (I assume other places also) but for whatever reason it didn't last long. Shame.
    ZoeVic
    Which Burger King®UK restaurants is the trial available at?
    Ipswich Copdock Interchange
    Ipswich Europark
    Ipswich Westend Road
    Ipswich Anglia Retail Park
    Newmarket Fordham Road

LOL
    .MUFC.
    Greta will be buzzing!
    001Cisco
    Is it has to be theirs?
    I tends to have a reusable cup or water bottle in my car. And I have my plastic lunch box occasionally... (edited)
    kos1c
    Interesting. We went into BK in Denia, Spain, and they don't ask you to pay a deposit for these plastic cups and plates. You get given them if you're sitting in and can put them in collection bins on the way out.

For take away you get given the usual packaging. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants