Emergency front room 65 inch tv needed

Posted 9th Jun 2023
Been holding out to get a 65 oled for the front room at some point but my youngest has just managed to break my ancient Panasonic plasma with his VR so I need an emergency half decent telly for the living room but probably not going to stretch to an OLED at short notice. Also worried about future breakages, so slightly scared of getting something expensive. Damn kids

Was looking at a hisense. I have a couple of smaller sets around the house. They seem fast, half decent and not had any problems.

ebay.co.uk/itm…t=1

First one that came to mind was this one

Anyone got an recommendations?
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Does content insurance cover it?
    Not sure why you’d replace with a 65” now if you want to upgrade to an oled at some point, surely better to save some money?

Id either get a smaller screen now or splash out on the oled than spend money on an “emergency” 65 inch
    Emergency? OP just won 1st world problem of the week.
    Get a wall mount for new TV, and buy a 'scrap tv' to a kid bedroom , inform him he's not allow to use YOUR NEW TV 😁 (edited)
    As above, I'd look at some local Facebook market TVs for cheap to use until you can afford what you want
    Like says.

Contents insurance. You might have to pay an excess but it would be a fraction if you have new to old
    Author
    Would probably only cover the cost of the broken plasma though wouldnt it? Which in todays market would be pretty worthless but cost £1200 originally.
    Just buy another cheap plasma for now. I sold my mums pioneer lx5090 for £50 a while ago. Can't go wrong with something like that as an interim.
    Just get the oled now
    Just a question while on the subject of plasma TV'S , I have a samsung 55 inch one from 2012 still going strong , originally bought in a police auction for £200!...apparently stolen from a shopping centre display unit!...has anyone any idea how long plasmas do last?
    I've got a Panasonic plasma from 2010 in the bedroom. It refuses to die.

I've seen anywhere between 60,000 and 100,000hrs usage quoted for Plasma TVs...
    1st world emergency problems huh....
    Author
    Sorry might have the word it differently next time in order not to trigger sensitive people. Thanks for taking the time to post though.....

Sorry might have to word it differently next time in order not to trigger sensitive people. Thanks for taking the time to post though..... (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants