FloGas refill most expensive in the UK

Posted 2nd Sep 2023
I went to B&M Bargains to refill a FloGas patio gas 10kg the other day. I had to wait for someone to come unlock the cage in the garden centre. There were no prices displayed as the sun had faded them. When I got to the till it was £58.99. I couldn't believe it. I live in London and can get it for £49.99 delivered. They also had 5kg for £39.99 refill.
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Deedie
    This is why i own a safefil botttle. Pays for itself pretty quickly.
    fill up at the lpg pump in morrisons
    RC21
    Great advice. Thank you. I just had a look... They're really expensive. I assume you have to be a heavy user to get the benefit.
    u664541
    So.............. not a deal then?
    SleepyChris
    This is a deal to the power of minus one, the conjugation of a deal, if you will. One only has to eliminate all other possibilities to find the true deal. One down....
    DonnyBrago
    Wow, worst deal on here, hot!

That is disgraceful pricing.
    bozo007
    Why is it disgraceful? Their store, their choice. There is no compulsion to buy.
    Siddas
    I'm not sure you've grasped the idea behind this site.
    bracey100
    i wuda left it😁 (edited)
    DRRINK
    Heat!
    TristanDeCoonha
    Only if you light it
    luv_a_deal
    At least the poor weather this summer appears to have saved me a few quid....
    ifixit
    My parents use to have business supplying gas canister.. They used a lot of different suppliers over the course of there business.
    Flo has use to have excellent service etc then around 10-15 years ago went through new management. There customer service and delivery was absolutely appalling. Prices went also through the roof.
    Unfortunately so many of the smaller companies that do provide good service and competitive prices are or have been slowly brought out by the market leaders like calor and Flo gas. But now there are some independents starting up but only a small amount.
    Biggest issues is that bottles don't come back for years sometimes, also they are cut or scrapped, the brass nozzles cut off and some even end up as garden heater or compressor tanks . But I think the dominance by the big companies is controlling the market prices now.
    Also the market is controlled throughout to control the price of canisters. If you sold below a certain price and was underpriced it didn't go down with the suppliers and other retailers and we had reduced deliveries all dirty tricks of control unfortunately. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants