Keyboard volume control for bluetooth speaker

Posted 13th Jul
My volume control on my wired PC keyboard had never been able to control the volume of my Anker Soundcore Boost speaker, which I had accepted, and assumed that they were just incompatible.
Recently there has been a couple of times where I may have forgotten that this was the case and dialled up the volume only to find that it worked! the speaker volume was adjusted from the keyboard.
So it clearly is possible, but why does it only work about 11% of the time?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I should add the volume controls in Windows do nothing either (89% of the time)
The Windows volume controls do work for all my bluetooth headphones etc . Just not the Soundcore.
Edited by: "Daniel42" 13th Jul
Daniel4213/07/2020 12:11

I should add the volume controls in Windows do nothing either (89% of the …I should add the volume controls in Windows do nothing either (89% of the time)The Windows volume controls do work for all my bluetooth headphones etc . Just not the Soundcore.

It's nothing to do with the keyboard then.

Do you use the microphone on the speaker? Bluetooth has different profiles for one-way and two-way communication so it may be that the speaker volume is adjustable in one but not the other.

Do you have any other bluetooth devices you could check to see whether the speaker behaves the same way?
EndlessWaves13/07/2020 13:32

It's nothing to do with the keyboard then.Do you use the microphone on the …It's nothing to do with the keyboard then.Do you use the microphone on the speaker? Bluetooth has different profiles for one-way and two-way communication so it may be that the speaker volume is adjustable in one but not the other.Do you have any other bluetooth devices you could check to see whether the speaker behaves the same way?

That's absolutely correct. No I don't use the profile with the "headset earphone hands-free" at all - The volume control typically works perfectly with that profile though, like you said, just not the proper stereo profile. I actually only thought about that a few moments after posting this.
Mute functions okay . I just wish I could understand why it will suddenly "just work" on a rare occasion. I've removed it and paired it again etc, updated all Windows drivers.
On other devices with more than one profile the volume controls work consistently.
This on Windows latest Windows 10 Pro anker.com/pro…011
I've completely disabled the "headset earphone hands-free" profile now but no change. ALso made sure all enchancements are off etc.
Edited by: "Daniel42" 13th Jul
Update: Appears to be completely bricked now.
Firmware update hung at around 50% complete, then eventually spat out an error, now it is stuck in update firmware mode.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants