Looking recommendation for cheap watch

Posted 31st May 2023
Want to gift it to someone but don’t want to spend too much. Looking at around £100 or less (preferably sale price or full price)

What do you guys recommend (not watch guy myself so not sure what to get or to look for)
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Mrcrazyman69
    Do you know what sort of watch the recipient would like, and if they want Automatic or Quartz? If the recipient doesn't want something that stops for a couple of days of not wearing it then go for Quartz.

For divers go for a Casio Duro. Or for an all round practical watch then go for a Casio DW5610(I recently got one - they are seriously impressive). G-Shocks might be a bit ugly to some, but IMO you'd struggle to find a more practical watch at that price point. Citizen Eco-Drives also get a lot of positive reviews and they're cheap as chips.

If they care more about the brand rather than practicality then get them an awful Hugo Boss or Armani monstrosity.

The watch thread that was talking about can be found by searching discussions for "Watch Musings". I would link it myself but for some reason whenever I link HUKD links from the app it never works correctly..
    Bigfootpete
    I would recommend a solar powered watch, no need for battery replacement - which is not cheap.
    Citizen o the Eco-drive watches and Seiko have Solar watches.

Although tough to find them <£100: argos.co.uk/pro…:34
    This one is reduced from £250: hsamuel.co.uk/cit…403
    stonebear
    That citizen at Argos is nice, plain but he might like plain.

THe Casio Duro is good if a bit big.

Maybe something like this amzn.eu/d/j…Bb9
    JimboParrot
    Male or female? Age? Do they actually want a watch?
    xPabloz Author
    Male, tbh when it comes to gifts i always prefer giving or receiving money but in this case money wont mean much hence why i thought I’d just get a watch (edited)
    Gollywood
    Cheap watch? I was expecting about £20.

£100 is going to get you a very very good watch!

There's an excellent watch thread on HUKD but it's saved on my laptop not phone. (edited)
    Bigfootpete
    Actually £100 will get you an average watch at best.
    Denney_Masters
    Need to give us more information. Analog or digital? What material? Plastic or metal?
    xPabloz Author
    Definitely metal.
    newbie68
    I had a look at ones on Shein the other day - loads under a tenner and they look good. No doubt they are junk and will make your arm turn green or something, but they look nice and cost a fiver
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants