Office 365

Posted 27th Jul 2023
Hi there,

I am looking for MS office 365 but not sure whether I should go for the family version or the premium version?

Also previously I saw deals for £40 for the year , can't find any, does anyone know were I can acquire it for £40ish?

Thanks so much
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You do know that there is a free (legal!) version installed on Windows 10 machines? (Simply press shift, control, alt & the windows key together to bring up the app and use the free version!)
    Also there is a free 1 month trial -
    Here are the premium benefits you get when you upgrade
    • 1 TB+ of OneDrive cloud storage and back up space for your files and photos
    • Premium desktop versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more
    • Enhanced features and templates to do your best work

You get 6TB of OneDrive cloud storage for the family version
    Author
    I've got windows 11...I don't have any use for the other 5 accounts though? Can I link them to one account somehow?
    Why do you need 365?

You can get Office 19 & 21 with a one off payment for less than £40
    £40 That's a lot of money to pay for a pirated copy!

I suspect the OP wants the OneDrive storage, to share ownership with family or use one of the (few) 365 exclusive features.
    More closer to £50 now for Microsoft 365 annual subscription for 6 users; just check previous deals. You can extend it by 3 months thanks to an ongoing offer which is usually mentioned by someone in the deal comments.

Also check if any student at home has it from school / uni. (edited)
    Author
    Yes more closer to £50 , I only need it for 1 user...I guess I could utilise the additional cloud storage...

I don't have students at home
    Author
    Thanks but I don't have an Australian phone number as stated here, I'm based in UK I accept I can use VPN but don't have an overseas phone number....
's avatar