Ordered grade B handset from CEX got the wrong PSU

Posted 1st Sep 2023 (Posted 19 h, 52 m ago)
So I decided to buy a grade B Samsung Galaxy A53 5G handset from CEX and it came with a CEX branded USB charger (rated 5v @ 1.2A). They state the following:
  • B - Good - Product in good condition with all essential accessories. No box required.
To me a "proper" USB charger would be considered essential (25W USB-C 3A PD charger)
Am I being unreasonable to expect a 25W PSU on a grade B product?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    001Cisco
    You are being unreasonable.
    Charger is a gift.
    Samsung A53 don't come with charger. (edited)
    cecilmcroberts
    You wouldn't even get a charger if you bought a brand new one.
    mutley1
    exactly. count yourself lucky OP that you were even given one! new phones now do not come with chargers, just the charging cable.
    Kb64
    I've had this plenty of times with them, unfortunately with a Grade B you are not guaranteed the original charger.

I have managed to get it swapped for a better charger at my local store but it really depends on how your local store is, some are not so nice.
    Moss.b
    I thought in the past grade b was all original accessories, just box not included? I maybe wrong. Anyway if you sell a phone to them now with A condition. They look at it with some blue light or magnifying glass to see scratches so they can grade it lower and give you less. Imagine if you used that when buying stuff from them that's graded A.
    KodaBear
    Essential accessories mean the bare minimum to get you going. SIM Eject tool, USB cable and plug (if one was supplied with the phone originally - If it was supplied with just a USB cable in the box then a plug isn’t essential)

Since the requirement is bare minimum. The accessories don’t have to be official. Any charger that meets UK safety standards and will do at least 4.5W charging would be considered acceptable.

If you want an official fast charger then most CeX stores have this in stock for £10. There’s a range of compatible options on Amazon too.
    EndlessWaves
    The latest fast charging isn't essential to use of that product. A 6W power supply like that one is going to be more than enough to fully charge it overnight. (edited)
    aLV426 Author
    Thanks for the reality check guys, I wasn't aware the official package didn't include a charger. I am glad I opted for the B version as I can't see what the extra £65 would have provided?
    KodaBear
    Grade A would be as new in original packaging with original accessories, with the device in perfect condition.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants