Recommendation for one man tent.

Posted 8th May 2023
Hi all, am off to a festival next month and completely inexperienced with the camping side of things - I'm on the hunt for a one person, preferably pop up tent. Any recommendations or bargains that people can help me with? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sussexroyal
    For one person, a three or four man tent should be about the right size.
    Robdataff
    I think the best option would be to buy whatever is dirt cheap on marketplace/gumtree. Make sure it works, set it up in the sellers garden... Then leave it at the festival. Most seem to donate whole unripped ones to charity.

Bigger the better, assuming you can carry it. Given the weather I generally prefer sleeping in the car.....
    sussexroyal
    No festival donates abandoned tents to charity, some might if you pack them properly and drop them off in the correct place confirming all the poles etc etc are in good order.
    Mendoza
    for a festival you buy a £30ish pop up, then leave it there, think I got mine from Argos or Amazon
    Pájaro
    People who leave their rubbish behind for other people to dispose of are the worst. OP, be better than this manky pleb.
    cis_groupie
    A two man tent will just about be big enough for you & your kit, so look for a 3 or 4 man tent.
    If you can put up with water leaking into the tent when the sides are touched if it's wet outside and also don't mind condensation then a pop-up tent is cheap & easy.
    Buy yourself a double-skinned tent (i.e. one with an an outer & an inner), it will cost more than a pop-up, but if you've no need for it after the festival you can always sell it & get some of your money back. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants