Sharing Nintendo online family account safety.

Posted 19th May 2023
Finally purchased 2 switches for my kids, they both like my old Nes, Megadrive and GB consoles so Nintendo online expanded was a no brainer and the family one made more sense.

So added their accounts and gave a slot to my brother, who had donated a lot of old games to them.

Then he mentioned his friend would be interested in being added and pay a 1/8 share.

My brother I'm happy with, but a bit dubious what account info a stranger would have access to, should I just say no?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jco83
    Wouldn't have access to any of your account info
    jameshothothot
    I am on a Nintendo share on here and have no access to anyone else's details
    FaceOfAss
    I had the family plan, gave a slot to my brother and another to a mate. The remaining 5 I gave away for free on here. Never encountered any problems.
    jco83
    For FREE??????!
    taffyjock1 Author
    Thanks all, was a bit paranoid they could buy stuff or see my private info.
    KencoOutMyNostrils
    I've asked about this before as I'm looking to join a share! From what I gather it's quite safe and you can remove or add members very easily so shouldn't be a problem. You can also check your kids Switches to see if they have access to any further details from the share but I don't think they would
    ZombieRich
    Anyone know where I can find groups that share family accounts?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants