Shed recommendations

Posted 13th May 2023
Where is the best place to buy a shed from which is decent wood quality? Anything I need to look out for?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    newbie68
    You are going to have lots of local companies around you selling sheds. Look at their websites and compare quality and price. Avoid cheap sheds that are made out of very thin timber. They will last no time at all.

The panelling can come in various thicknesses, including 12/15/19mm etc. I wouldn't dream of anything less than 19mm if you want it still in good order 10 years from now. Pay attention to the framing sizes, roofing material etc and installation costs (if your not doing it yourself). Research is key. Look at reviews of the companies your considering (not their own reviews) online and finally some will have longish lead times as they are busy for a reason!
    Mark_Hickman
    I got my shed off a small company local to me on ebay and it has 3x2 framing and the flooor is made from 3x2 and proper floor boards made for a house, with 19mm log lap walls.
    Cost me less than places like B&Q/ homebase were charging for a weak 12mm and 2x1 framing shed.
    Definitely checkout smaller companies and id recommend loglap over shiplap and as mentionined above 19mm minimum walls (edited)
    PaulandPam
    Yes Log roll is great especially with strong framing, we treated ours with Cuprinol every two years and even after 15 years it still was perfectly functional when we sold the house.
    We bought another 3 years ago for our new house and it still looks brand new. (edited)
Discussions
Top Merchants