Slimline dishwasher

Posted 27th Apr 2023
Anyone with any recommendations for a slimline dishwasher?
Was hoping to find something pretty cheap and only two I’ve found are around £250 - Bush from Argos and a Beko from B&Q.

Would anyone recommend maybe just picking up a second hand one maybe from eBay or FB?

Any advice on what to look for would be great.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    harrythefish
    Bush is just a name badge bought by an upstart manufacturer. However the reviews do look okay. Beko has more provenance. I was nearly in the market for an integrated slimline one, 45cm wide where our existing kitchen unit door has to be refitted to it. A replacement Bosch would've been around £500. However managed to get the old Bosch fixed so it marches on for now after 14 years.
    Takwo_KAM
    Never use Bush. Bought less than a year, called repair for 2 times, luckily under 1 yr warranty. When the engineer looked for the problem, we discovered that no any sealings and waterproof measures on the electric joints, and much more dangerous and poor stupid designs.
    cristoff
    We have the CDA WC432. Have had it for 5 years now and it’s very good.
    bob-mk2
    I like my Kenwood KDW45W16 from Currys and that was around that price.

I don't see that exact model, but I assume they are all similar.

Good things:
    All the programmes you need (rapid, quick/light, long/slow/cheap).
    Seems to clean well on every setting.
    Quiet: you can sit in the same room and it doesn't annoy
    Looks good

Bad things:
    Slimline means that if you use a lot of pans when cooking, you'll need 2 runs
    The baskets rust - far more than they should

Look out for:
    Check the depth as I assume space is a premium
    An economy setting that takes a long time, but the drying cycle uses the heat of the wash to dry and not the heater.
    Gingerdan
    Avoid second hand - buy cheap buy twice.

Unfortunately unlikely you’ll find a good second hand dishwasher / if it’s being sold it’s for a reason
    Adao Author
    thanks for the responses - definitely going to buy a new one. just a shame theres not too many offers on these at the moment!
    its for a small house and never actually owned a dishwasher before so am used to doing the dishes in the sink anyway!
    bob-mk2
    Be prepared to enjoy the magic of a dishwasher.

It truly is a miracle.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants