what makes samsung combination microwaves so good, and any alternatives?

Posted 1st Jun 2023
Hey, we are in the market for a microwave, recently we stayed in a couple of AirBNBs which had this microwave MC28A5125AK, the convection features I thought were pretty average at best, but the actual microwaving function was fantastic. I was able to Microwave a bowl of cut up sweet potato in 6 minutes and it was cooked perfectly, compared to my old 1100 watt microwave which cooked unevenly and took upwards of 10 minutes. Now my question is why? How can a 900watt microwave do a better job? I'm guessing there are other features it has that assists but I can't see anything in the marketing. Thing is I'm tempted to buy one but I'll never use the convection features, so I wanted to know what makes this microwave so good that I can look for standard microwaves with the same features? Or does it somehow use the convection features even on standard microwave mode?

Also open to any microwave suggestions.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    luminous
    I had a samsung convection micro and i found the micro function excellent until my friend knocked it over!
    I bought a samsung solo microwave as a replacement and it`s just not the same despite being 800w everything takes a minute or 2 longer. If a convection came up on a deal i`d be up for it i think.
    The only offputting thing is they are often 28l and huge but at least i can guarantee a boiling hot cuppa in a minute.I think the tech and wattage are much better on these. (edited)
    FlamedTofu Author
    Hmm very interesting and this is what I was worried about just buying the solo, since I'd never use the convection part the excess space and cost seems not worth it, but I want a good quick microwave. I wonder what specific function it is I can look for on other microwaves.
Discussions
Top Merchants