What's the better graphics card?

Posted 21st May 2023
What's the better graphics card out of these 2 from Cex? As my son needs a graphics card but my budget can only go to around £120 so trying to find the best for that price that plays FPS games & GTA V etc.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 £110
or
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 £90
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Shrekt
    50223066_1.jpg

But yes, as above, I think GTX 1070 and Vega 56 or even 64 could be found for that much, which beat both (edited)
    BadMF
    Get on avforums and buy something a little better for less money. 
    jameshothothot
    Theoretically the 980ti is better but over time we move from direct x 11 to newer technologies and Nvidia tends to not support older cards so given those prices I would get the 1060.

I'll see if can find an upto date comparison as it's not just raw power but modern drivers

I used to go hunting based on raw power charts but the world moves on (edited)
    jameshothothot
    This is most recent I can find

Also presume your PSU has enough power and connectors for the 980ti? (edited)
    Anonymous User
    If you dont mind ebay, you might find a 1660 for around your budget. (edited)
    Mydealz_Barney
    You should be able to find a used 1070 for that price which still performs decently in older titles or recent ones at 1080p.
    Willy_Wonka
    You should be able to get a GTX 1070 off ebay for that. At least I brought one last year for £100 & will be relisting it soon for £100 delivered.

Just offer £90 & you should get someone to accept.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants