Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Wireless android auto adapter

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ChrisKaru
    I purchased a Carsifi Wireless Android Adaptor carsifi.com/en-gb as a christmas gift for my wife. Was £75 and 2 weeks delivery. So far works exceptionally well in both our cars (Mercedes and Hyundai). Takes about 15 seconds to connect upon start up and automatically loads Android Auto.

Only gripe on initial setup, the phone would remain connected to the wireless network generated by the device and not home wifi. This was resolved by linking the car bluetooth with the adaptor to auto disable the wifi when the car is turned off - an experimental setting in the carsifi settings page.
    Uridium
    I tired a couple of aftermarket adaptors to add wireless to my wired android auto but both the ones I tried were pretty buggy, also found that I missed having my phone charging while navigating.

From what I've seen the Motorola MA1 is about the best out there but availability isn't great though
    Rumz Author
    Really? That sucks. What make/model and phone did you have while trying?
    Uridium
    I see Amazon UK are now selling the AAWireless adaptor for £70, supposedly this is one of the best out there, got to be worth a go and easy returns with Amazon if its not

amazon.co.uk/AAW…VG/
    Rumz Author
    Thanks for that I'll check it out
    sm9690
    What car year and make/model do you have?
    Rumz Author
    Ford focus sync 3 titanium 2017 (edited)
    jnrcocobean
    I use Motorola MA1, and it works perfectly ok.
    Unfortunately it isn't available in the UK yet.
    A cousin in the US helped me to purchase mine.
    Admast79
    I'm using Carsifi, bought from eBay for around £70.

Working fine, although sometimes music from Tidal getting buggy and stop playing, but I guess that could be mobile connection issues on countryside roads.
    dcx_badass
    Friend has a car with built in wireless android auto and said it's such a battery drain it's not worth it and he's disabled it and uses it wired.
    Admast79
    Not if you have a wireless charger phone holder.
    Uridium
    Check this one. Currently reduced from £159 to £39

OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Adapter U2-X - Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Car Adapter 2 in 1, Plug & Play 5G WIFI Online Update, Apple CarPlay & AA Wireless Dongle for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars amzn.eu/d/f…7mz
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants