Best PCP for car sites

Posted 13th Apr 2021
Hi there, trying to help out my farther in law for best site to use for PCP on cars. He is looking for a SUV for around £350 max a month and was wondering what sites are best for PCP. I bought my car from buyacar on PCP but wondering if any other ones missing out on? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bailz13/04/2021 22:22

He is looking for option of potentially owning the car at end of the 3/4 …He is looking for option of potentially owning the car at end of the 3/4 years

It’s nice to have the option but it can make it more expensive. Maybe even take the best lease price and see if the dealer can create a similar pcp. Also bear in mind, my last car was a lease via VW finance and they gave me the option to buy it at a reasonable price, so at least some place will still let you buy at the end of lease anyway. Also I think most leases cover car tax whereas I think in pcp you need to pay (if there is tax on the car)
    id say personal lease anyday over a PCP - plenty of lease comparison sites out there where you can play around with the upfront payment. whatcar often covers main dealers and leasing.com and a few others cover brokers

Everytime but one ive had a main dealer willing to match a broker quote, but if you do lease via a broker check who the finance company is and if its Lex Autolease run a mile from it (check their trustpilot reviews of 1.3 from 5)
    Any reason to go for a PCP and not a lease
    Author
    He is looking for option of potentially owning the car at end of the 3/4 years
    Author
    slippers197714/04/2021 11:27

It’s nice to have the option but it can make it more expensive. Maybe even …It’s nice to have the option but it can make it more expensive. Maybe even take the best lease price and see if the dealer can create a similar pcp. Also bear in mind, my last car was a lease via VW finance and they gave me the option to buy it at a reasonable price, so at least some place will still let you buy at the end of lease anyway. Also I think most leases cover car tax whereas I think in pcp you need to pay (if there is tax on the car)

Thanks for the advice I will have a chat with him and see what he wants to do.
    Author
    I think he is coming along to the idea of leasing the car now as not too fussed about owning and says might just get another one after the contract has finished
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants